It doesn’t fit anywhere else, so put it here

KUGRDON

29 minutes ago, glduck said:

I’m confused by the word “hostile” if Texas Tech is #1.

Heavy drinkers with nothing else to do in bleak Lubbock.  They see all others as looking down on them and give them shit back.  Most anger is directed at Austin, but any opponent brings out the worst in them.  Open carry in the stadium.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:44 AM, EastCoastFan said:

Do you find this accurate?

Unfortunately, there definitely is a segment of fans at Utah that act like assholes to opposing fans.

Much of that is born from the rivalry with BYU, and their fans being pretty much the only opposing fans that would ever come visit, and many of them acted like douche bags when they visited. This does not excuse boorish behavior towards opposing fans that come to visit, we are in a big boy conference now and the fans need to behave like it. Many fans recognize this and try to go out of their way to be nice to the opposing fanbases, but there are still far too many that need to shape up. 

19 hours ago, Mano said:

Unfortunately, there definitely is a segment of fans at Utah that act like assholes to opposing fans.

Much of that is born from the rivalry with BYU, and their fans being pretty much the only opposing fans that would ever come visit, and many of them acted like douche bags when they visited. This does not excuse boorish behavior towards opposing fans that come to visit, we are in a big boy conference now and the fans need to behave like it. Many fans recognize this and try to go out of their way to be nice to the opposing fanbases, but there are still far too many that need to shape up. 

Interesting. I would have put Utah on the friendly list somewhere based on messages boards, and my experience at the Pac12 champ game a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, row Z said:

Interesting. I would have put Utah on the friendly list somewhere based on messages boards, and my experience at the Pac12 champ game a couple of years ago.

It is a small but loud and obnoxious segment of fans, and I think it has been shrinking.  Many fans try to be extra hospitable to compensate,  but there are some people who behave poorly,  and it always bothers me when I see it.

• Like 1