Mutts vs. Poultry

Quack 12

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Orange said:

On the other hand, each team helped to suppress those numbers with their respective offensive/defensive prowess.  It's a bit of a tail-chasing argument.

I understand the point and how it’s less significant as each game goes by.  Obviously much less significant after week 6 than after week 2.

My boss just came in.  He's a Husky, and he's going to the game.  He says he read that the Ducks are the 3rd worst fanbase in the nation, and recounted stories of people throwing bags of piss at Husky fans, spitting at people, etc.

**Insert trump-like "people are saying" predicate for this story**

It's very very bad.  Sad!  

I made no effort to defend the duck fanbase, not because I believe him, but because I think I want him to continue confiding in me all the terrible things he thinks about Duck fans so I can continue to troll the board with the anecdotes.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

My boss just came in.  He's a Husky, and he's going to the game.  He says he read that the Ducks are the 3rd worst fanbase in the nation, and recounted stories of people throwing bags of piss at Husky fans, spitting at people, etc.

**Insert trump-like "people are saying" predicate for this story**

It's very very bad.  Sad!  

I made no effort to defend the duck fanbase, not because I believe him, but because I think I want him to continue confiding in me all the terrible things he thinks about Duck fans so I can continue to troll the board with the anecdotes.

"Third worst"? That's insulting. We're the 'Bama of terrible fandom.

The whole feces and urine myth was born in the mid-90s during the Lambright era, as Husky football trudged toward darkness. I've heard the stories about sandwich bags, cups, bottles, and dog shit being thrown at Husky players. From what I could find, it stems from an incident at a soccer game played between Mexico and Costa Rica years earlier, and made for good internet trolling. Shelley Smith wrote about it in a column on ESPN in the early 2000s, supposedly quoting an anonymous Husky assistant coach, so it's been kept alive now and again through the years. Aside from the fact that it's a federal crime to expose anyone to bodily fluids (against their will of course), who would bother packing piss and shit into the stadium anyway? I can believe, however, that a few beverages have sailed onto opponent's benches at times. 

3 hours ago, row Z said:

Professional handicapper Lee Sterling picks huskies 35-28.  

I am getting geeked for this game. Hope it lives up to the hype. 

So people who play the odds for a living like Washington, dumb people like me like Oregon.

There was definitely helmet to helmet contact, and this was moe egregious than any that I have seen called on Utah this year. Hope they fix the rule, I don't like th he ejection penalty if not launching while leading with helmet.

Archived