Arizona State @ Oregon

glduck

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, this is a big game for Cristobal. Oregon is at home, favored, has a 1st round QB talent, and has a relatively healthy squad. You have to win games like this if you want to eventually be a contender in the Pac12. Can he get his team to regroup after going 1-3 in the last 4 games? 

17 minutes ago, Orange said:

They were calling the UW win at home one of the biggest wins in Autzen history.

How far the mighty have fallen.

It seemed like a nice win at the time, but the results since have not really matched it.  In retrospect, UW probably was a little overrated going in to that game also (ranked 7).

26 minutes ago, Orange said:

They were calling the UW win at home one of the biggest wins in Autzen history.

How far the mighty have fallen.

You have a habit of throwing a blanket over entire segments of the population. I came away from that game thinking the Huskies handed it to Oregon on a silver platter.

Here's my hot take: Oregon is 1-3 on the road, and has lost three of their last four, all on the road. ASU also is 1-3 on the road, and has won three straight, two of those in Tempe. Weather won't be much of a factor, but it will get chilly by the fourth quarter. This all adds up to I don't know what the fuck to think. 

i heard that "biggest win ever at autzen" thing too from certain (duck) circles and it was embarrassing as hell. i can't even fathom how people came to that conclusion. it was a nice win that was perhaps amplified by the fact that our program has been wandering aimlessly for a few years and the last time washington came to town they beat the ever-loving fuck out of us, but one of the best EVER? people, people. have some self-respect. 

2 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

You have a habit of throwing a blanket over entire segments of the population. I came away from that game thinking the Huskies handed it to Oregon on a silver platter.

Here's my hot take: Oregon is 1-3 on the road, and has lost three of their last four, all on the road. ASU also is 1-3 on the road, and has won three straight, two of those in Tempe. Weather won't be much of a factor, but it will get chilly by the fourth quarter. This all adds up to I don't know what the fuck to think. 

Really?  Was I wrong about the cargo shorts?

At the time, both teams had 1 loss and it appeared as though Oregon had a shot at the playoff if they won out.  I suppose more informed fans never expected they would win out, but I was at Autzen, and I did keep my ears open like any rational Beaver fan who wants to come to a message board and give you guys shit afterward.  There were a lot of comparisons to Michigan in 03, etc.

No, you totally captured me with the cargo shorts (I even still have an old pair of camos), but I've never bought New Balance shoes (though I hear they're good!), and my daughters put me into low-rise boot-cut jeans many years ago (I'm sure they're out of style too, now). I've also never worn a jersey with someone else's name on the back. 

I can understand heat-of-the-moment enthusiasm, but didn't most of us figure the Pac-12 was out of the playoff as soon as UW lost to Auburn? Given Oregon's pathetic OOC schedule, and that horrible Stanford loss, I certainly wasn't looking at them as playoff material, and I didn't think they'd win in Pullman. But hey, "FARR ARROYO NOW!"

This was posted in the comments on UW Dawgpound by AndyPanda. If true, I think duck fans should be feeling relatively good about their chances on Saturday: 

Aside from ASU's win at OSU last year,

against a DOA Beavers team in a day game on a dry day, neither Arizona school has won a game at ANY of the 4 NW schools played on or after Halloween since ’06. Only twice have any of those games not been at least a double digit loss. This has included ranked teams visiting teams that were less than.

The weather in the NW in the latter part of the season is usually a set of circumstances the desert schools not only aren’t prepared for, practically speaking, there is no way they can even begin to prepare for it. They are usually just looking to get thru it and get back onto the airplane as quickly as possible.

If Herm can pull out a win against an Oregon team that plays better at home than on the road by an order of magnitude, the #HermEdwardsExperience will really be a truly exceptional experience.

Archived