2019 Transfers

Scscsc89

13 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Brother is at Oregon right?

Yes, he has 3 younger brothers that I know of. One of them (Nephi) also left Nevada this off season and is coming to Utah, one of them (Penei) is at Oregon,  and the third (Noah) is already a highly recruited player in the class of 2020. https://247sports.com/Player/Noah-Sewell-46040411/

I'd guess Gabe is either going to land at Utah or Oregon to play with one of his brothers if either school has a spot for him. Utah is fairly set a linebacker for next year, so he'd be in the rotation here, but likely not starting. I'm not sure what the LB situation is at Oregon.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oft-injured DB Greg Johnson, one of the many Trojans who entered the Transfer Portal over the Winter, has apparently changed his mind & is participating in Spring Camp.  

I say “apparently” because apparently press/coaches are not allowed to ask/speak about a player’s status.

the transfer portal is a mysterious thing

Should be big news. Don’t know the backstory

Transfers generally have to sit out one season before being permitted to play at their next school, but Neville, in a tweet announcing his transfer, said he’d be eligible to play immediately because WSU will grant him a “run off waiver.”

free to talk to coaches and will be immediately eligible, WSU will sign off a run off waiver. pic.twitter.com/28XYzhN2fW

— Connor Neville (@_connorneville) March 18, 2019

A “run off waiver” can be filed if a student-athlete can’t return to their previous institution for reasons out of their control, or “run off” by that institution. 

It’s possible Neville was not granted an opportunity to return to Pullman for his redshirt sophomore season because of WSU’s growing scholarship count at the QB position. By signing three-star high school prospect Gunner Cruz and adding Eastern Washington grad transfer Gage Gubrud, the Cougars would’ve been carrying six scholarship QBs on their roster this fall.”  Spokesman Review 3/18/19

From the same article:

The 6-2, 205-pound Neville was a four-star recruit according to ESPN coming out of Wilsonville High School in Beaverton, Oregon, and listed offers from Boise State and Hawaii. 

Wilsonville High School is not in Beaverton. It's in fucking Wilsonville.

Archived