The Obama --> Trump Voter

Scscsc89

3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Electing Obama and then Trump certainly is a sign this country is fed up with DC.  Suppose Trump gets re-elected, will that be the jolt that DC might need in order to actually change?

Do YOU have any idea what you're saying here?

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Electing Obama and then Trump certainly is a sign this country is fed up with DC.  Suppose Trump gets re-elected, will that be the jolt that DC might need in order to actually change?

So, are you voting for Trump again?

22 hours ago, Mano said:

So, are you voting for Trump again?

3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Guess you guys are resigned to another four years of Trump.  I'll just let you have your little fun in this section on the board.  

So, I will take that as a yes.

5 hours ago, Mano said:

So, I will take that as a yes.

Thanks for letting me live rent free in your head...pretty typical of libs allows that.  Don't forget to send the welfare check from your bank account too.

I'm going to wait to see who gets the Dem nomination next year.  Given how far left the Dems have gone lately, it might not matter.

53 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Thanks for letting me live rent free in your head...pretty typical of libs allows that.  Don't forget to send the welfare check from your bank account too.

I'm going to wait to see who gets the Dem nomination next year.  Given how far left the Dems have gone lately, it might not matter.

FYI , repeating gibberish you do not understand is not a burn and does not make you sound cool.

Do you understand why people replying directly to your posts is not you "living in their head"?  Think about it for yourself for a while, and if you cannot figure it out I ( or most of the other posters here ) can explain it to you.

Jalapeno — as a self-proclaimed “centrist”, you mention how concerned you are with the Dems moving farther to the left but I’ve never seen you voice concern about the GOP moving too far to the right.

Why is that?

8 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Jalapeno — as a self-proclaimed “centrist”, you mention how concerned you are with the Dems moving farther to the left but I’ve never seen you voice concern about the GOP moving too far to the right.

Why is that?

I just feel that the Dems have gone further to the left than the GOP to the right.  When Nancy Pelosi appears to be a moderate in her party these days, I'd say the party has gone too far to the left.  Maybe I'm more right wing than I think I am but I don't always agree with the GOP on some positions, hence my belief that I'm a centrist...more center right.

OR...the entire country has shifted more to the left and being a staunch right wing supporter would be the same as being more of a moderate right winger several decades ago...everyone moves the goalposts one way or the other.

2 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Yep, that’s what I figured. 

My theory is that Fox News, Breitbart and the Daily Caller have moved people like you so far to the right that actual centrist positions seem extreme and unreasonable.

And that is why I cut my time reading those the last few months at the least.  I would say that leftist leaning media such as CNN has pulled people to the left as well.

Those rumblings of another US Civil War or this country breaking up that I have heard for years seems like it would come true down the road if the politics continue on this path.

33 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

And that is why I cut my time reading those the last few months at the least.  I would say that leftist leaning media such as CNN has pulled people to the left as well.

This here is exactly the issue.   The left-leaning media that's equivalent to Fox and Daily Caller are outlets like Mother Jones.

The mainstream media is called mainstream for a reason.  It's a bell curve.  

People that deliver the news (don't confuse opinion) at places like CNN and CBS and the LA Times actually went to journalism school and subscribe to professional codes of ethics.

Breitbart and Daily Caller -- it's just extremism.

7 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

This here is exactly the issue.   The left-leaning media that's equivalent to Fox and Daily Caller are things like Mother Jones.

The mainstream media is called mainstream for a reason.  It's a bell curve.

And it's funny that when the tongue of the bell hits both sides (extreme positions of both sides), it gets noisy one way or the other.

Related image

Archived