Breaking News Thread

glduck

5 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

It’s amazing that you can give Trump credit for firing Bolton but no criticism for hiring him in the first place.   (Even though he turned out to be the awful appointment everyone he predicted him to be.)

Think Trump would have been willing to continue the trade war with China without encouragement from Bolton?  Maybe or maybe Bolton wasn't involved with that.

Sounds like Bolton was sacked after leaking the Taliban meetings to the press.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Seems like a good move by Trump and I know most do not like Trump but at the same time he's not answering the cries for more blood spillage from the defense industrial complex.

I'mma depart from most of my liberal friends and wander into the unfamiliar territory of mild agreement here.

Whether by accident or on purpose, Trump could have committed thousands of troops and thousands more civilians to their deaths in a military field trip anytime in the past 2 years, and he hasn't.  

Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is one of the most repugnant human beings on the planet, but in this way, he has pleasantly surprised me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orange said:

I'mma depart from most of my liberal friends and wander into the unfamiliar territory of mild agreement here.

Whether by accident or on purpose, Trump could have committed thousands of troops and thousands more civilians to their deaths in a military field trip anytime in the past 2 years, and he hasn't.  

Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is one of the most repugnant human beings on the planet, but in this way, he has pleasantly surprised me.

Having mentioned Bolton who worked under W. Bush...would you have thought W. Bush was smarter than Trump or the other way around?

4 hours ago, Orange said:

I’d agree with this, with the following caveats:

* I don’t think we have a clear picture of what is really happening on the ground in our name in Afghanistan, Ukraine, and Syria/rest of middle east.

* Although the short-term body-count has been thankfully low, I don’t think there’s any question that our national security is much much weaker with regards to Russia, China, NorK, Climate, and “The Cyber”.  

14 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

I’d agree with this, with the following caveats:

* I don’t think we have a clear picture of what is really happening on the ground in our name in Afghanistan, Ukraine, and Syria/rest of middle east.

* Although the short-term body-count has been thankfully low, I don’t think there’s any question that our national security is much much weaker with regards to Russia, China, NorK, Climate, and “The Cyber”.  

You're definitely right about leaks, cyber warfare, etc.  Perhaps that will lead to blood, but so far it's been bloodless.