Breaking News Thread

glduck

Rich white male gets away with preying on poor and gay black males for years because of his political connections.  Will justice finally be served?  

Democratic Donor Ed Buck Arrested for Running A Drug Den After A 3rd Man ODs

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/18/761858659/democratic-fundraiser-ed-buck-is-arrested-after-a-third-man-ods-in-bucks-apartme

Los Angeles County prosecutors say they have charged Democratic fundraiser and LGBTQ activist Ed Buck with running a drug house and other crimes after a man overdosed on methamphetamine at Buck's apartment last week. The man survived, but two other men have died from overdoses at Buck's apartment in the past two years.

Buck was arrested Tuesday night — after months in which activists and relatives of the men who died have called for criminal charges related to the suspicious circumstances around the deaths of 26-year-old Gemmel Moore in 2017 and 55-year-old Timothy Michael Dean in January. 

Buck, who is 65, is now facing felony counts of battery causing serious injury, administering methamphetamine and maintaining a drug house.

If convicted, he could face a maximum sentence of five years and eight months in state prison, said Greg Risling, the assistant chief of media relations for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

The most recent overdose took place on Sept. 11. Prosecutors say Buck injected a 37-year-old man with methamphetamine at Buck's apartment on Laurel Avenue in West Hollywood. The man suffered an overdose but survived.

• Like 1

Sounds like a murderer to me.

“The latest victim, identified in court papers as Joe Doe, went to Buck’s apartment on Sept. 4, where Buck “personally and deliberately” administered a large dose of methamphetamine, prosecutors said. Concerned he was suffering an overdose, the man left the apartment to get medical help. He returned to Buck’s apartment on Sept. 11, when Buck again injected him with “two dangerously large” doses of methamphetamine, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors say Buck thwarted the man’s attempts to get help. The man eventually fled the apartment and called 911 from a gas station. He was taken to a hospital for treatment. Sheriff’s investigators found hundreds of photographs in Buck’s home of men in compromising positions.”

• Like 1

Really Kavanaugh a predator? You judge this on no facts and the New York Grimes bs article. True Democrap logic. I am surprised you did not pull the racist ticket here. Another joke of a wirchhunt! Seems to me I remember a supreme court justice who was accused of much much worse, and he still is on the court. Typical democrap crap. The Democcraps waste more tax paper money on witch hunts than ever before by aby party in history. Impeach the Democrap party, that is more like it. Good examples of upstanding democraps behind this. Beto, Ilhan, Aoc, 2020 candidates, and Hitlary. Pure BS.

2 hours ago, PapaG said:

Sounds like a murderer to me.

“The latest victim, identified in court papers as Joe Doe, went to Buck’s apartment on Sept. 4, where Buck “personally and deliberately” administered a large dose of methamphetamine, prosecutors said. Concerned he was suffering an overdose, the man left the apartment to get medical help. He returned to Buck’s apartment on Sept. 11, when Buck again injected him with “two dangerously large” doses of methamphetamine, prosecutors said.

Who the fuck gets drugged by a fucking asshole on Sept. 4th, and comes back to said asshole's apartment for more on Sept. 11th?  

3 hours ago, Orange said:

Who the fuck gets drugged by a fucking asshole on Sept. 4th, and comes back to said asshole's apartment for more on Sept. 11th?  

A poor meth addict with no other viable options to survive would be my guess.

Victim blaming, although I’d expect nothing other this disgusting take from you.  

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

Victim blaming, although I’d expect nothing other this disgusting take from you.  

Is that why you're so supportive of the Kavanaugh accusers?

I have no fucking clue why the hell you're bringing this story into the politics thread at all.  The only disgusting one here is you, clearly.

5 hours ago, Bruin 70 said:

The Democcraps waste more tax paper money on witch hunts than ever before by aby party in history.

Despite the powerful drunken babble of this statement, it is false. The Mueller investigation cost $20-$25 million, but it brought in fines and forfeitures worth $32-$35 million.

8 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

Where am I?  .Org has slight praise for trump?  What the fuck is going on?

We'll see what happens with this Iran/Saudi Arabia oil fields dust-up and Trump proves me wrong with warmongering.

Yet another reason to stop subsidizing oil and go completely renewable.

1 minute ago, KUGRDON said:

This is a case where it looks like a military Response may be appropriate but I really don’t want Trump in charge of doing it.

Agree 10000000%.  I absolutely do not trust his judgment, and know that we could get into another multi decade war.  Just what we need.....