Breaking News Thread

glduck

On 6/30/2020 at 7:42 AM, Orange said:

If you're a fucking republican, look yourself in the goddamned mirror and tell me you're not a fucking traitor.

You're KILLING this country.

@KUGRDON, @HLB, @win2bfree, come explain this.  I dare you.  

Holy cow.  First time being on in a while and I am not sure how I got into this conversation.  Not sure how I became a republican either.

Everyone’s talking tax returns this morning, but I’m sitting here thinking about how the GOP successfully weaponized Benghazi and fuckin’ e-mails whereas we’ve allowed the bounty story — by all rights, a massive scandal — to completely erode from the national spotlight.

3 hours ago, glduck said:

Everyone’s talking tax returns this morning, but I’m sitting here thinking about how the GOP successfully weaponized Benghazi and fuckin’ e-mails whereas we’ve allowed the bounty story — by all rights, a massive scandal — to completely erode from the national spotlight.

Not everyone is letting it go.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/09/politics/duckworth-esper-russian-bounties/index.html

2 hours ago, glduck said:

True. Our dear friend Tucker Carlson has apparently been launching his own personal war against her nightly on his show. 

Yep, he praises corporal bone spurs and then throws out that the veteran who lost her legs on active duty hates America. 

Conservatives seem to have their own view on what patriotism is.

I agree with gl, this Russia thing should be the raison d'etre of every talk-show host in the entire country right now, and it should be overwhelming facebook, twitter, IG and Tik Tok.   And oh yeah, maybe Congress. 

Had we not already had impeachment, this would probably be the sort of impeachment that could remove him from office.  Somehow, drumpf's own incompetence in handling the pandemic has kept his various "indiscretions" out of the news.  That's a level of irony Alanis couldn't even dream up.

On 7/15/2020 at 1:52 PM, Orange said:

you shouldn't fly anywhere, but if you do, spend your tourism dollars in Asheville, NC:

Read the article.  Been happening almost everywhere for decades.  Could be walking into the argument that All social Assistance programs specifically benefitting blacks are a form of reparations.  Probably not the point they were trying to make.

55 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Read the article.  Been happening almost everywhere for decades.  Could be walking into the argument that All social Assistance programs specifically benefitting blacks are a form of reparations.  Probably not the point they were trying to make.

Utter bullshit. Nowhere has direct economic assistance with the express purpose of helping black people been initiated at any level of government.

5 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Lol, not enough , but hell yes.  The types of programs in Asheville‘s program are not new.

Again, bullshit.  Asheville's resolution specifically mentioned black income/wealth disparities by name.  No legislation, anywhere, has ever declared the racial disparities a result of slavery, and targeted measures to reconcile that.  The War on Poverty, Medicare, Welfare, etc., none of it was concentrated to benefit poor blacks.  Quite the opposite.  Infrastructure plans and assistance disproportionately benefited white neighborhoods and people.  They instead bulldozed wealthy or middle-class black communities in numerous places to build freeways that helped white people commute from the suburbs.  Republicans have curtailed public school funding, year after year.  Hell, they closed voting stations in most of the black neighborhoods of nearly every major American city ever since Republicans grabbed statehouse controls in more than half the states in the country.  And now the Voting Rights Act has been gutted.  This shit's obvious if you think for more than ten seconds.