Breaking News Thread

glduck

2 hours ago, Orange said:

We're so fucked.

https://www.sciencealert.com/our-atmosphere-s-storing-energy-twice-as-fast-as-15-years-ago

Earth's Atmosphere Is Retaining Heat Twice as Fast as It Did Just 15 Years Ago

The video is for Don, and other climate deniers.

Essentially nothing is being done…..again.  I wanted to be optimistic but am getting to your side.

It's sad, because there are SOOOOOO many viable solutions.  Obviously we should be radically shifting all forms of energy to green energy, but we should also be plugging billions into farms that practice carbon-capture techniques, like cover crops, and allowing more areas of their farms to be wild.

If the entire planet's agriculture system used cover crops, we could not only stem the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere, but potentially reverse it.

https://www.sare.org/publications/cover-crops/ecosystem-services/cover-crops-and-carbon-sequestration/

The results of the analysis show that cover crops have the potential to sequester approximately 60 million metric tons of CO2-equivalent per year when planted across 20 million acres (8.1 million hectares), offsetting the emissions from 12.8 million passenger vehicles.6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The problem now isn’t that we had to leave.  Very few are criticizing the decision to withdraw.  It’s the timing, planning, coordination and execution of the withdrawal.  A complete debacle. . .all of Biden’s doing.  Longtime allies left to be executed.  People falling out of the wheel wells of our planes.  A President that doesn’t address his shitstorm of a withdrawal plan, doesn’t take questions.  Deflection to the mistakes and failures of others, long past and irrelevant today.  A real profile in cowardice.  As ashamed of Biden right now as I was of Trump.

Joe, quit pretending this is about leaving or not leaving and defiantly defending “your decision to leave” at the same time as you blame Trump for forcing you to leave.

Yes Joe, we had to leave.  It didn’t have to be a shitshow with allies left behind for a slaughter.  There’s nobody to blame for that other than the man in the mirror.

Yes Joe, You can send some troops to secure the Kabul airport but how in the hell do you get the tens of thousands of our allies to the airport? I’m hoping you find a way.

They have bungled the withdrawl. Should have evacuated the Afgahns that helped US and waited until winter when Taliban would draw.back to announce the withdrawl.

I am hoping that the USA has learned their lesson about nation building, but I doubt it.

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2021 at 5:46 PM, KUGRDON said:

The problem now isn’t that we had to leave.  Very few are criticizing the decision to withdraw.  It’s the timing, planning, coordination and execution of the withdrawal.  A complete debacle. . .all of Biden’s doing.  Longtime allies left to be executed.  People falling out of the wheel wells of our planes.  A President that doesn’t address his shitstorm of a withdrawal plan, doesn’t take questions.  Deflection to the mistakes and failures of others, long past and irrelevant today.  A real profile in cowardice.  As ashamed of Biden right now as I was of Trump.

Joe, quit pretending this is about leaving or not leaving and defiantly defending “your decision to leave” at the same time as you blame Trump for forcing you to leave.

Yes Joe, we had to leave.  It didn’t have to be a shitshow with allies left behind for a slaughter.  There’s nobody to blame for that other than the man in the mirror.

Yes Joe, You can send some troops to secure the Kabul airport but how in the hell do you get the tens of thousands of our allies to the airport? I’m hoping you find a way.

What an eloquent and lengthy condemnation of a president the kind of which you NEVER point at a single president with (R) next to his name.

Not a single U.S. life was lost in the withdrawal.  You would've shed your crocodile tears no matter what the circumstances, because no matter what the circumstances, it was neo-Cons like YOU who supported a forever war in both Iraq and Afghanistan, while never once breathing condemnation of the men who started it: Dick & George.  

Biden is 100% right.  300,000-strong, the Afghan Nat'l Army did not want to fight 60,000 Taliban.  Because they ARE Taliban, always were, and you cannot lecture a country into shedding corruption.  What's next, you gonna shed more tears for women & girls, the kind of which will similar same fate under the Taliban as they do in the Republican-controlled south, with low wages, no bodily autonomy, and no choices?

Where was all your condemnation of Dick Rumsfeld?  Crickets.  You're a fucking hypocrite dinosaur of the worst kind.