Breaking News Thread

glduck

1 hour ago, Mano said:

Are you claiming not to be Republican?

I haven’t voted for one since 2012.  I haven’t given any money to them since 2012.  I’m not registered to vote as one.  On the other hand, I’m certainly not a Democrat And haven’t voted for a Democrat since 1972.  What makes one a republican?  I actually haven’t considered that question lately.

10 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

I haven’t voted for one since 2012.  I haven’t given any money to them since 2012.  I’m not registered to vote as one.  On the other hand, I’m certainly not a Democrat And haven’t voted for a Democrat since 1972.  What makes one a republican?  I actually haven’t considered that question lately.

Well, still blaming all the ills of the country on Obama after 3 years of Trump, and basically growing mute as far  as criticizing the POTUS and administration in charge since he was elected seem to be pretty good indicators to me. As did your gloating after Trump was elected. All evidence shows that he's your boy, not sure why you try to pretend otherwise.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mano said:

Well, still blaming all the ills of the country on Obama after 3 years of Trump, and basically growing mute as far  as criticizing the POTUS and administration in charge since he was elected seem to be pretty good indicators to me. As did your gloating after Trump was elected. All evidence shows that he's your boy, not sure why you try to pretend otherwise.

You’re reading is selective, or  maybe it’s just your comprehension.   For example, nobody on this board was as critical as the Trump tax cut as was I.   I have been critical of Trump many many times. Again I don’t know if it’s your reading or comprehension.  Don’t mistake my happiness that Hillary was not elected as joy of trumps election.  The two candidates I expressed the most support for in 2016 were Kasich and Sanders.  I openly referred to Trump as an idiot beginning before his nomination.  I have encouraged Trump’s impeachment since the day he was elected And believe that I was the first one on this board to suggest it.

I don’t No what ills I lay at the feet of Obama Beyond specific policies he adopted. Who is to blame for those? Trump?

On healthcare I agree with Bill Clinton, the ACA was dumb.  I support single payer health care and the taxes necessary to pay for it.  On taxation and spending I agreed with the findings of the bipartisan Simpson-Bowles commission appointed by Obama.  On foreign policy and defense agree mostly with Robert Gates who served as Sec of Defense under 43 and Obama.  

other than a couple of sarcastic remarks about Warren and Yang, the only candidate I have given much praise to this time around is Klobuchar. More than anything I am a traditional conservative, best personified by 41.   Not many of those in either party.  So, am I a Republican?

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

You might be a republican if ...

You’ve posted “GOP since ‘72!” over a dozen times on the Internet since 2012.

I think you’ll find that when I post that, I am being critical of Republicans and the republican party.  It serves as a point of reference and to indicate that Trump and the party are out of step with traditional conservatism.