Conservative America

Scscsc89

37 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

So is Rat in this case of the bible.

Don't worry I will pluck the rest of the cherries in this case.

Actually, no he isn't. You contend that homosexuality is detested by your god, but all of the other elements Rat mentioned are someone metaphorical rather than concrete. It's not his job to try to weasel some sort of logical thought into those passages. It's your job to clarify and explain, since you're the one who brought it up.

2 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

Actually, no he isn't. You contend that homosexuality is detested by your god, but all of the other elements Rat mentioned are someone metaphorical rather than concrete. It's not his job to try to weasel some sort of logical thought into those passages. It's your job to clarify and explain, since you're the one who brought it up.

This is 1 billion times more complex than his ceiling for understanding.  "Burden of proof" doesn't matter to people like him.

16 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

After I volunteered for my church at a Colorado Rapids game, I bumped into a former classmate and he asked me what I was doing.  I told him I was supporting my church and he laughed at me and said he didn't need church.  Six months later, he mysteriously died. 

Is it your intention to say the reason you're religious is a friend died 6 whole months after blaspheming? That's what I'm gathering. Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naGylm8S6Ss

11 hours ago, Nakedmolerat said:

Is it your intention to say the reason you're religious is a friend died 6 whole months after blaspheming? That's what I'm gathering. Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naGylm8S6Ss

I'll prefer to go to heaven than burn in the lake of fire forever.  The only person that saved me not only died but was resurrected and taught his disciples about Himself and the rest is history that has been twisted by many people over the years when those people could have referred to the Bible for answers with careful analysis which many people including myself haven't always done.  I ain't perfect and neither is everyone on this board.

If you want to show that you are perfect try walking barefoot on water that ain't frozen over. 

3 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I'll prefer to go to heaven than burn in the lake of fire forever.  The only person that saved me not only died but was resurrected and taught his disciples about Himself and the rest is history that has been twisted by many people over the years when those people could have referred to the Bible for answers with careful analysis which many people including myself haven't always done.  I ain't perfect and neither is everyone on this board.

If you want to show that you are perfect try walking barefoot on water that ain't frozen over. 

Jalapeño,

This is pure curiosity.

Trump has never been a particularly religious man.  When it comes to the 7 deadly sins, he commits them on a regular basis.  He frankly, even according to many conservatives, is not a good person.  I know your 401k is up, but is that all it takes to overlook the shortcomings?

In the olden days (10 years ago or so), the religious right would demand that our leaders not only support their long term objectives, but also act in a respectful manner.  When and why is that not the case right now?  Why do you ignore his continued awful behavior?  I know none of us is perfect, but the POTUS is a whole new breed of awful.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 12:04 PM, Jalapeno said:

After I volunteered for my church at a Colorado Rapids game, I bumped into a former classmate and he asked me what I was doing.  I told him I was supporting my church and he laughed at me and said he didn't need church.  Six months later, he mysteriously died.  Since you said fuck the bible, I pray that doesn't happen to you or your family.  I'm sincere when I am saying this.

Your problem with your interpretation with the bible is that you are probably reading it literally instead of also figuratively.  There is a reason why bible scholars use Strong's Hebrew concordance for the Old Testament and Strong's Greek concordance for the New Testament.  Greek is more of a philosophical language while Hebrew isn't like that.  You need to read from the Hebrew perspective and it doesn't mean it is the same from the English perspective.  I had experienced this when I was talking to Deaf Chinese mainlanders on the WeChat app and had to use Google translate before their government stepped in and blocked me although I wasn't discussing politics or the bible with them.  When you go back and forth between Mandrian and English, it doesn't always exactly line up with what I wanted to say in English.  Same for other languages in the world.  The 1611 King James Version is the most direct Hebrew & Greek translation to English but it is not perfect.

There is no private interpretation in the bible and that is what you are probably doing in this case.

image.png.5f54c52ffa147fc3e78e7481943e1420.png

That is why I go to church to hear from the preacher at the pulpit who has spent the time not only studying to the best of their abilities but having more understanding since they are filled with the Holy Ghost.  After I was filled with the Holy Ghost (as speaking in tongues), I understood the bible better than I did before that.  Ask yourself if 40 scientists at the moment will ever agree on the same thing.  Then look at the 40 authors of the bible who helped write it over the course of 1,300 years and it matches up.  That should be humanely impossible but that is not impossible to God.

image.png.b3be62e9be69da5e33ed818dc0e231b6.png

Nice try saying I can't respond.

Back to Rat: The Hebrew word for defect is mum which means blemish, defect.  I look at biblehub.com for information and the link to mum is: https://biblehub.com/hebrew/3971.htm

image.thumb.png.5496790b56705ae4c6cbb2b64cb3ee25.png

If you scroll down further, you will find "spot" as a definition.  A spot is often described as being of sin.  A priest that sins (breaking God's law) shouldn't be preaching from the pulpit or leading the church.

image.png.1443179e04d7b777a217d4ba9d0251e4.png

I'm more than happy to do the rest of Leviticus 21:18-21 later on.  As for being blind, aren't you sure you meant spiritually blind instead of being physically blind?  That means the other words in that passage probably aren't what you think they mean.

Translation: Dudes from the beginning of time sitting around telling stories based on their interpretation and writing shit down with zero scientific evidence. Men seeking power, wealth, acceptance and advantage over enemies.. Once they gather enough followers, it becomes law or "bible"..

I admire folks that make themselves better people based on some type of faith but the rest is scientifically hogwash..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

Jalapeño,

This is pure curiosity.

Trump has never been a particularly religious man.  When it comes to the 7 deadly sins, he commits them on a regular basis.  He frankly, even according to many conservatives, is not a good person.  I know your 401k is up, but is that all it takes to overlook the shortcomings?

In the olden days (10 years ago or so), the religious right would demand that our leaders not only support their long term objectives, but also act in a respectful manner.  When and why is that not the case right now?  Why do you ignore his continued awful behavior?  I know none of us is perfect, but the POTUS is a whole new breed of awful.

I never saw Trump as a religious man even if he tries being one...he's not fooling me.  This whole saga has put religious people in a difficult position because the alternate is to support the DNC who are not as supportive as the GOP when it comes to freedom of religion.  I do have a high position at my church and the differences in how the DNC & the GOP deal with churches is becoming more night and day.  The GOP treats churches and other religious organizations much better than the DNC has done.  When the DNC came out with that criticizing religious liberty, that definitely increased the mistrust between the religious establishments and the DNC.  I don't have an issue with the DNC supporting the non-religious afflicted...it's more about the criticism of religious liberty that concerns me.

Another reason is that left leaning countries such as China, North Korea, Cuba, etc has severely restricted if not outlawed the bible and the DNC is going much further left than it ever was.  You are probably aware of the Chinese crack down on those Ughr people who are also Muslims so it's not limited to Christianity in that case.

52 countries against the bible: https://lovepackages.org/bibles-dangerous-illegal-covert/

This is a difficult situation for anyone with a religious affliction to be in these days.  Right now Trump is the face of not only the GOP but the religious afflicted because the GOP clearly supports religious rights while the DNC is going the opposite way.

And you say a new breed of awful...I totally agree with that...just wait until a far leftist is the POTUS.  It's going to be ugly in this country.

2 minutes ago, utenation said:

Translation: Dudes from the beginning of time sitting around telling stories based on their interpretation and writing shit down with zero scientific evidence. Men seeking power, wealth, acceptance and advantage over enemies.. Once they gather enough followers, it becomes law or "bible"..

I admire folks that make themselves better people based on some type of faith but the rest is scientifically hogwash..

That's your opinion.  You might want to watch this video about brimstone being found in Sodom & Gomorrah.  Would that be scientific enough for you?

43 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

They only really ever demanded that from one side. 

14 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Uglier than locking up children in cages, stabbing allies in the back, removing environmental protections & promoting land mines?

Meh.. This stuff doesn't matter.. The economy is doing fantastic.. Unemployment is at a an all time low(the exact numbers don't really matter) and we have the best, most advanced military ever. We have new trade deals with Mexico and China.. Things are just fine. You left wingers that don't accept this are just "bad cops" and "terrorists".