Random

KUGRDON

My best friend and I are camping in the Wallowa Mountains this week (starting tomorrow) and going to try the 20-mile hike to summit Eagle Cap in just one day.  It's about 4400 feet elevation gain over the, so while not terribly steep, it'll result in some serious exhaustion.  Hoping the summit photos and bragging will be worth it.

After that I get to talk to my cardiologist about my next valve-replacement surgery.  Yay. 

15 minutes ago, Orange said:

My best friend and I are camping in the Wallowa Mountains this week (starting tomorrow) and going to try the 20-mile hike to summit Eagle Cap in just one day.  It's about 4400 feet elevation gain over the, so while not terribly steep, it'll result in some serious exhaustion.  Hoping the summit photos and bragging will be worth it.

After that I get to talk to my cardiologist about my next valve-replacement surgery.  Yay. 

More Bs. Admit it is with your only friend the poor dog.

3 hours ago, Orange said:

What am I missing here?

If you click on the screenshot you will see that somebody has edited the Wikipedia page to indicate Morrison is just an old dead liberal.  I guess a bunch of punks are doing shit like this to Wikipedia entries when somebody dies. 

Who was that Texas peacock from whom Mick Jagger “copied” his stage presence?

I am not a country music fan. Never bought a country record, album or CD, never downloaded a country song, never been to a country concert. But country music is a larger thing in America’s background.  We’re all exposed to the measles and country music.  I am watching the preview of Ken Burn’s country music premiering in September and can’t wait for it. Looks like good history and good music with lots of personalities. Of them, it appears June Carter and Johnny Cash will be Central. That makes a good show.

”Love. . . . Is a burning thing. . . . And it makes. . . . A fiery ring. . . .”  Yup, Country Joe McDonald played the Johnny Cash Classic written by June Carter at Woodstock.  Country music was always there in the background.  Once in a while, as through Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton, it breaks through to our consciousness.  My grandma, born in the century before the last, and I were listening.

There was a guy from Texas that Burns hints was the source of Mick’s androgynous sex show.  Another reason to watch.  The short video clip of the guy and one of Jager begs the question, “how can one be hung like a donkey and androgynous at the same time.”

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 10:03 AM, Orange said:

Is it the same valve being replaced?

Had no idea you had this kind of issue. You're too young to be going through heart surgeries. 

On 9/14/2019 at 4:38 AM, mysfit said:

Is it the same valve being replaced?

Had no idea you had this kind of issue. You're too young to be going through heart surgeries. 

Aortic valve, yes.  I had it replaced twice with open-heart surgery (1997 and 2011), and they (along with my own flagging mile times) are telling me it's breaking down again.

Too many open-heart surgeries increase the risk for the next one.  (The reason I've had more than one is I refuse to do a mechanical valve and take blood-thinners, and have some fat, white-coat tell me I shouldn't be mountain biking, snowboarding, or any of the other crazy shit I do that makes life worth living).  Now I'm looking into percutaneous options that deliver a bovine valve through my femoral artery to the heart.  CT scan, angiogram, and ultra sound have all still left my doc scratching his head.  I'm about to move out of this backwater to a place where cardiologists and heart surgeons have some answers.  San Fran may be the next stop.

42 minutes ago, Orange said:

Aortic valve, yes.  I had it replaced twice with open-heart surgery (1997 and 2011), and they (along with my own flagging mile times) are telling me it's breaking down again.

Too many open-heart surgeries increase the risk for the next one.  (The reason I've had more than one is I refuse to do a mechanical valve and take blood-thinners, and have some fat, white-coat tell me I shouldn't be mountain biking, snowboarding, or any of the other crazy shit I do that makes life worth living).  Now I'm looking into percutaneous options that deliver a bovine valve through my femoral artery to the heart.  CT scan, angiogram, and ultra sound have all still left my doc scratching his head.  I'm about to move out of this backwater to a place where cardiologists and heart surgeons have some answers.  San Fran may be the next stop.

Good luck, man. I hope it all works out well.