Random

KUGRDON

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:13 AM, Orange said:

There's a TAVR expert here in Bend, but apparently if you replace my particular valve, the leaflets would then cover up the coronary artery.  There is some procedure where they get rid of the old aortic valve leaflets to avoid this, and I guess that expert is in SF?  I think.  The doctor made the totally ingenious decision to discuss this with me about 1 hour after I had been sedated with fentanyl.

Keep us in the loop.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, been wanting to go somewhere to bitch about this for a while, and since it has happened several times the past few days trying to grab a quick cup of coffee or breakfast for kids before school, so I will do it here.

If you are in a long line to place an order or checkout, be prepared when you get to the front of the line. Know what you want, have your money or credit card out and ready. When there are others in line behind you, it is not the proper time to have a chat, discuss your day, go over why you like your item this way or that with the cashier, or spend several minutes rummaging through your purse (yes, you can accuse me of misogyny here, but it is usually women) attempting to find money/credit card/coupon/etc . If you need to socialize, talk with one of the customers waiting for their order to be filled, not with the workers who are trying to fill said orders.

Order, pay, get out of the way.

And, get off my damned lawn!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll agree with almost all of this.  Tell a man it’s $1.79 and he’ll give you $2, $5 or $20. Far more women will be digging for the change and down to the bottom of the purse for the 4 pennies and telling the cashier their searching for them in order to make it easier on the cashier.

In my experience more men are violators of the small talk violations.  Older incels striving to either hustle the cashier or getting in their 200 words a day of conversation at their only opportunity.

I typically operated two cash registers so I could move on (and come back if necessary) rather than slowing everything down.

24 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

I’ll agree with almost all of this.  Tell a man it’s $1.79 and he’ll give you $2, $5 or $20. Far more women will be digging for the change and down to the bottom of the purse for the 4 pennies and telling the cashier their searching for them in order to make it easier on the cashier.

In my experience more men are violators of the small talk violations.  Older incels striving to either hustle the cashier or getting in their 200 words a day of conversation at their only opportunity.

I typically operated two cash registers so I could move on (and come back if necessary) rather than slowing everything down.

Did they give you a humanitarian award for that bold effort?

As long as we're talking groceries, here's my biggest beef.

The self-checkout isn't for your monthly grocery trip.  It's for people with a few things, who are in and out.   And for fuck's sake TRY reading the directions, the process is not that difficult.  Or better yet, if you think you're going to struggle with the most base technology, move to a fucking human cashier. 

Ironically, every 75-year-old who dives in out of their depth on these machines makes me that much closer to death as I wait in line.

News to me:

Gen. Jim Mattis was born on September 8, 1950, in Pullman, Washington.[15] He is the son of Lucille (Proulx) Mattis (1922–2019)[16] and John West Mattis (1915–1988),[17][18] a merchant mariner. His mother immigrated to the United States from Canada as an infant and had worked in Army Intelligence in South Africaduring the Second World War.[19]

• 2 weeks later...