Mueller

Bruin 70

3 minutes ago, glduck said:

Since we knew ahead of time that wouldn't happen, I think it was less about bombshells and more about forcing a narrative. My problem with it is that I don't think the Dems have an endgame, and the media would rather talk about Trump's Twitter account instead of the findings of the Mueller Report, so this hearing wasn't going to be able to push the narrative House Dems wanted. Instead of this:

"The Trump campaign lied to cover up the uses of stolen electronic data to mold their strategy using a Russian proxy." -- Robert Mueller. July 24th, 2019

... we're talking about how Mueller looked tired. 

The problem was with the Dems.  They believed they would get a galvanizing viral moment handed to them. They are weak and lazy.  They have to rely on their own expertise and work.  They have to move to perform their constitutional duty.  They want the public to cry out demanding impeachment.  That’s not how any of this works.

Pelosi is far less likely to advance impeachment after the hearing.  

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Mueller report states A

Barr & Trump says it states B

Agreement that he’ll stick to the report

Mueller testifies saying A

GOP reps ask about C

Pundits:  OMG nothing new, what a disaster!

What world do you live in?  That’s totally false.

Mueller lied under oath and had to correct the record.   Today just made Trump’s re-election much more likely.

LOL

6 minutes ago, PapaG said:

The only collusion was the DNC and Clinton campaigns paying Chris Steele/Fusion GPS and by proxy Kremlin officials for dirt on Trump that ended up being false, along with the illegal FISA warrants.

Joseph Mifsud's attorney said today that Mifsud was working for western intelligence and not Russia.  What a day!

Man, you are really scrambling to explain shit away. Fusion GPS was originally hired by the conservative website  Washington Free Beacon in 2015 to perform opposition research on Trump. When it became obvious that Trump would be the nominee, they stopped paying Fusion GPS, and the Demos bought up their research and continued it. Fusion hired Steele in June of 2016.

The thing about all of this red herring bullshit is that the Steele dossier was mentioned only in passing in the Mueller report, and the report doesn't rely on it in its revelations. 

16 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

Man, you are really scrambling to explain shit away. Fusion GPS was originally hired by the conservative website  Washington Free Beacon in 2015 to perform opposition research on Trump. When it became obvious that Trump would be the nominee, they stopped paying Fusion GPS, and the Demos bought up their research and continued it. Fusion hired Steele in June of 2016.

The thing about all of this red herring bullshit is that the Steele dossier was mentioned only in passing in the Mueller report, and the report doesn't rely on it in its revelations. 

The problem with the steel dossier wasn’t with its contribution to the Mueller report. It was with it being presented As a basis for an action by a FISA court without revealing to such court that it was Oppo research.

Is that a big deal? I don’t know, but at least we should keep the arguments straight.

1 hour ago, Quack 12 said:

Another lie.  Chris Steele wasn't hired until April 2016.  Why do you feel the need to lie?  It was completely different research as even Free Beacon says.  Fake Fucking News, liar.

The Washington Free Beacon has issued the following statement:

Since its launch in February of 2012, the Washington Free Beacon has retained third party firms to conduct research on many individuals and institutions of interest to us and our readers. In that capacity, during the 2016 election cycle we retained Fusion GPS to provide research on multiple candidates in the Republican presidential primary, just as we retained other firms to assist in our research into Hillary Clinton.

All of the work that Fusion GPS provided to the Free Beacon was based on public sources, and none of the work product that the Free Beacon received appears in the Steele dossier. The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele. Nor did we have any knowledge of the relationship between Fusion GPS and the Democratic National Committee, Perkins Coie, and the Clinton campaign.

Representatives of the Free Beacon approached the House Intelligence Committee today and offered to answer what questions we can in their ongoing probe of Fusion GPS and the Steele dossier. But to be clear: We stand by our reporting, and we do not apologize for our methods. We consider it our duty to report verifiable information, not falsehoods or slander, and we believe that commitment has been well demonstrated by the quality of the journalism that we produce.

The First Amendment guarantees our right to engage in news-gathering as we see fit, and we intend to continue doing just that as we have since the day we launched this project.

Matthew Continetti
Editor in Chief

Michael Goldfarb
Chairman

7 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Even Mueller stacked his team with Clinton loyalists.  Dems are just desperate.

They are all faith-based in their religion of liberalism.  It's no different than those who believe the Earth was created 6000 years ago.  It's a mental illness and is why pointing out lies like Quack12 told in this thread doesn't matter to the liars.  It's dogma to then with liberal leaders and pundits being their Televangelists and government their god.  

9 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Another lie.  Chris Steele wasn't hired until April 2016.  Why do you feel the need to lie?  It was completely different research as even Free Beacon says.  Fake Fucking News, liar.

1 hour ago, Quack 12 said:

Fusion hired Steele in June of 2016.

Dude, read what I wrote. Apparently my source had him hired a couple of months later that even you claim. I didn't lie; I never claimed the "Beacon" hired Steele. Snap out of it. You can't see past your own blind rage about your boy being accused of felonies we all know he committed. Odd isn't it, that Trump was still working with the Russians on his Moscow tower that same month, as he solidified his hold on the nomination.

2 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

Dude, read what I wrote. Apparently my source had him hired a couple of months later that even you claim. I didn't lie; I never claimed the "Beacon" hired Steele. Snap out of it. You can't see past your own blind rage about your boy being accused of felonies we all know he committed. Odd isn't it, that Trump was still working with the Russians on his Moscow tower that same month, as he solidified his hold on the nomination.

You said that the DNC/Clinton campaign bought the research from Free Beacon.  That's a blatant lie.  Own it.  It's like saying a contractor who built my house then went to work on the next house, and that client "bought" my house.  It's stupid and you're wrong.

Pelosi doesn't want to go down the impeachment route because somewhere I read that it cost the GOP big the following election when they tried to impeach Clinton.  The younger Dems just weren't old enough to remember.  

Just now, PapaG said:

You said that the DNC/Clinton campaign bought the research from Free Beacon.  That's a blatant lie.  Own it.  It's like saying a contractor who built my house then went to work on the next house, and that client "bought" my house.  It's stupid and you're wrong.

No, I wrote that the Dems bought the research from Fusion and continued it. 

In spring 2016 when Trump had emerged as the probable Republican candidate, the Free Beacon stopped funding investigation into Trump.[28] From April 2016 through October 2016, the law firm Perkins Coie, on behalf of the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, retained Fusion GPS to continue opposition research on Trump.[29][30][31] In June 2016, Fusion GPS retained Christopher Steele,

I'll grant that you can infer that the demos didn't gain any access to the work Fusion GPS did for the Beacon (as your contractor analogy suggests), but you know that's preposterous. Why else would they step-up immediately and hire Fusion GPS, if not to see what they already had? 

And please admit that your claim regarding what I wrote about Steele's hire date was total bullshit.

2 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

That was the problem with the hearing, it was designed to create favorable optics. It failed.  It’s like the Dems expected Mueller to come out like Atticus Finch and eloquently and powerfully rail against the injustice and tragedy of Trump sitting in the Oval Office.  They wanted explosive viral moments.  Fail.

Not at all.  There are, sincerely, still 65-year-old women in the heartland who believe that Mueller's report "totally exonerated Trump."  This means, in living color, they got to see Mueller say, explicitly, "the report did not exonerate Trump."

That alone was worth the cost.  You're WAY overestimating the intelligence of independents in middle America.

2 hours ago, PapaG said:

Mueller had to "clarify the record" regarding his OLC lie in the morning session.  

I get it.  Your narrative has been destroyed, Trump will now be re-elected, and Durham's indictments of the corrupt Obama DOJ will be coming down the road soon.

It will be glorious to clean up both the corrupt Democrats and Republicans infesting DC and enriching themselves off of taxpayer money.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

PLEASE let's make a $20,000 wager over whether this will happen...

As for ruining “my narrative”, my take has pretty much unchanged from a year ago, let alone yesterday:

* I had no idea if Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia to tip the election — but it sure as hell mades sense to have an independent investigation to find out.  GOP congressmen welcomed lifetime republican Mueller heading it up at the beginning.

After reading the report, these facts seem pretty straight-forward:

part 1 — Russia

* Russia worked to meddle in our country’s election, in Trump’s favor. 

* Trump’s campaign encouraged Russia’s work & never reported multiple foreign contacts to the authorities.

* No coordination between the campaign & Russia was uncovered.  However, Trump’s team was found to have destroyed evidence, lied to investigators and refused to cooperate, so the full story is not known.

* Even after being presented with evidence of Russia’s meddling, the campaign refused to acknowledge or denounce it.

*Trump and his team continued to lie about Trump Tower Moscow & the “Adoption” meeting.

* Trump said no one in his campaign met with any Russians illicitly, even though it was discovered later that Flynn, Paige, Manafort, and Papa had multiple dealings — not even counting Sessions, Don Junior or Jared’s “back-channel” request.

Archived