The disinformation thread

Scscsc89

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sympathies go out to the people who were harmed in that shooting.  I'm glad you didn't decide to just go there for the fun of it or to sample some of that garlic.  If I lived nearby like you, I would have probably gone myself and maybe got killed.

As for that Trump fan, they are delusional.  I know some people who could be labeled Trump cultists and they turn me off.

37 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Half-Iranian half-Italian perp with far left rants on social media

At least people here are were refraining from profiling the shooter - until papa.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported Tuesday that a search of 19-year-old suspect Santino William Legan's home in Walker Lake, Nev., turned up empty ammunition boxes, a gas mask, a knife, reading materials about radical Islam and white supremacy, and a camouflage backpack.

23 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

At least people here are were refraining from profiling the shooter - until papa.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported Tuesday that a search of 19-year-old suspect Santino William Legan's home in Walker Lake, Nev., turned up empty ammunition boxes, a gas mask, a knife, reading materials about radical Islam and white supremacy, and a camouflage backpack.

How is pointing out he is half-Iranian  and half-Italian “profiling” him.  He wrote the jihadist posts on social media, so how is that also “disinformation?”  Seems like a “fact” to me that hasn’t been reported by the media.

I said nothing about Islam or jihad in my initial post, by the way.  Meanwhile, the liberal media brings up the white supremacy angle but nothing on the radical Islam materials.  

Nope, no propagandist media-driven narrative there whatsoever.

Disinformation...

I’m sure the irony of this thread is lost on the OP.

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

yet he’s a “white supremacist” who shot some white people according to many liberals.

[LA Times]

He also posted a photo of a Smokey Bear sign warning about fire danger, with a caption instructing people to read an obscure novel glorified by white supremacists: “Might Is Right” published under the pseudonym Ragnar Redbeard. In his profile, which has since been deleted, Legan identified himself as being of Italian and Iranian descent.

The book, published in 1890, includes discredited principles related to social Darwinism that have been used to justify racism, slavery and colonialism, said Brian Levin, director of Cal State San Bernardino’s Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism.

“The notion that people of color are biologically inferior is a key tenet of this book, and that biological determinism, the Darwinian view of the world, justifies aggression against diverse people and vulnerable people,” Levin said.

50 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

I found a now-removed instagram post showing a photo of his grandfather with the statement that he died around the time Legan was born. There was no mention of jihadism or radical Islam.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/gilroy-shooter-suspect-home-search-14269830.php#photo-17965601

SF Gate report mentions radical Islam.

1 minute ago, Quack 12 said:

Remedial reading comprehension.

Another alt-right poster claimed that the Gilroy shooter had published jihadist/radical Islamic social media content. I asked for evidence. I had only seen a photo of the shooter's grandfather.

Maybe those posts were deleted?  Who knows?

While you are at it with the alt-right labeling, NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio is getting ripped for not calling a recent shooting a "mass shooting" instead of "gang violence" perhaps because those people were black?  Why are liberal media not reporting that shooting either?

https://brooklyneagle.com/articles/2019/07/30/brownsville-to-mayor-why-isnt-12-a-mass-shooting/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bkeagle

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

While you are at it with the alt-right labeling, NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio is getting ripped for not calling a recent shooting a "mass shooting" instead of "gang violence" perhaps because those people were black?  Why are liberal media not reporting that shooting either?

https://brooklyneagle.com/articles/2019/07/30/brownsville-to-mayor-why-isnt-12-a-mass-shooting/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bkeagle

No. Read the thread. 

"Mass Shooting" doesn't have a specific definition, but "Mass Murder" is defined by the FBI as the killing of four or more people. There were at least two guns and two shooters involved in the Brownsville shooting, one dead, and most of those wounded were "collateral damage" to a gang gunfight. You know, people shooting at each other. I saw it on my local liberal media station.

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

stupid dumb and dumber GIF

Archived