Guns & Politics

PAC MAN

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played Mortal Kombat and Doom as an underage teenager and I played like four Grand Theft Auto games while I was in college.  I haven't killed someone in real life and I believe videogames has possibly saved many lives by keeping kids off the streets of violence.  Politicians will always blame videogames when mass shootings happen.

There's also our mobile devices that we carry around all the time.  Has that robbed us valuable time such as praying or reflecting on ourselves?

A reddit community that I'm a member of, r/NoMansSkyTheGame (I know, total nerd), started a GoFund me page to purchase a billboard near the offices of the game's developer, Hello Games, in Guildford, England, thanking them for continuing to support No Man's Sky. It has received several massive free updates since its release in 2016 and tons of new content, including the largest update so far, which drops tomorrow. The reddit group aimed to raise about $2,200 U.S. for the billboard but the community of gamers chipped in more than $8,000, so they used the extra money to buy PS4s, headphones, extra controllers, games, etc. and donated all of it to a local children's hospital. 

And no one got shot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/cpdtml/we_did_it_thank_you_thegiftofgaming/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived