2019-20 NBA

PapaG

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 10/7/2019 at 9:25 AM, glduck said:

Portland made its once-per-decade conference finals appearance last year, so it’s time to slide gracefully back to blissful irrelevance for awhile. 

You think so?

I feel like this team is better than last year's.  

I think Portland might be a bit better — depends if Nurk is fully healthy and 100% the old Nurk by April — but I think Utah and both LA teams are going to be MUCH better and Houston and Denver both will take bigger leaps than we will. We could be better than last year and not get out of the first round :(

21 minutes ago, Orange said:

You think so?

I feel like this team is better than last year's.  

You can be a better team in the west this year than last and still fall behind the rest of the pack. The top of the west should be crazy good.

9 minutes ago, Mano said:

You can be a better team in the west this year than last and still fall behind the rest of the pack. The top of the west should be crazy good.

Good point, though I feel like we added some good pieces this year.  If Dame plays like this isn't the year after his contract year, we could be in the Conference finals again.

Also probably depends on who we draw in the first and second rounds.

4 minutes ago, Orange said:

Good point, though I feel like we added some good pieces this year.  If Dame plays like this isn't the year after his contract year, we could be in the Conference finals again.

Also probably depends on who we draw in the first and second rounds.

Playoffs this year could be crazy. Possibility for one of the top seeds to be playing a Golden State team ( that was missing Klay Thompson for most of the year, but has him back and is clicking ) in the first or second round.

The Clippers, Lakers, Rockets, Jazz, Blazers, Nuggets, Warriors and even Spurs could all be 50+ win teams contending for the title. This is probably the deepest I have ever seen a conference be with very good teams.

36 minutes ago, Mano said:

Playoffs this year could be crazy. Possibility for one of the top seeds to be playing a Golden State team ( that was missing Klay Thompson for most of the year, but has him back and is clicking ) in the first or second round.

The Clippers, Lakers, Rockets, Jazz, Blazers, Nuggets, Warriors and even Spurs could all be 50+ win teams contending for the title. This is probably the deepest I have ever seen a conference be with very good teams.

New Orleans could be decent, too.

I could see western team that would get homecourt in first round if they were in the east missing playoffs in the west. I think NBA needs to look at getting rid of the conferences, and just go to the best 16 teams for playoffs. 

50 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Doesn’t upset me.  Constructive engagement only whets the appetite for freedom.

It doesn’t upset me but i found his takes pretty stupid.  His attempts to walk things back were not exactly strategic either.  If LeBron is truly all about the money, which I don’t believe he is, then issuing hot takes in this climate and on this issue is not exactly wise.  

lebron’s brand is at its best when kids think he is cool and this is not how you score cool points.

Archived