Nebraska @ Colorado

PAC MAN

Who you got for this game?  Nebraska didn't really do that great against might South Alabama...perhaps they are still mad about losing to CU last year. :lol:

CU played as I expected especially on the defense since CU moved some offense players over to the defense during fall camp.  I was pleasantly surprised by the CU running game with Fonenot scoring 3 TDs on the ground.  The OL looked better against the Rams as well.

I believe CU can win this one and this should be an entertaining game.  This will be my first CU game to watch this season as well (busy with a three day event last week).

GO BUFFS!

BEAT nebraska!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Who you got for this game?  Nebraska didn't really do that great against might South Alabama...perhaps they are still mad about losing to CU last year. :lol:

CU played as I expected especially on the defense since CU moved some offense players over to the defense during fall camp.  I was pleasantly surprised by the CU running game with Fonenot scoring 3 TDs on the ground.  The OL looked better against the Rams as well.

I believe CU can win this one and this should be an entertaining game.  This will be my first CU game to watch this season as well (busy with a three day event last week).

GO BUFFS!

BEAT nebraska!

I think Nebraska gets an easy win.

No idea. If I have to bet, I take the  home team with the better QB. Also, South Alabama if FBS? GTFO. In 199x CAL and Oregon were both 6-5 and there weren't enough bowl bids to go around, and now f*cking South Alabama is FBS? FML. 

The South Alabama Jaguars football program, established in 2009, represents the University of South Alabama in the Football Bowl Subdivision of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, of which it became a member in 2012.

I don't want to live in this world anymore. 

A little off topic:

I'm reading that plastics that you recycle still end up going to the trash since it's cheaper to refine new plastics from oil.  CU is phasing out plastic and I have been trying to do the same thing since aluminium is more recyclable.

I do have a stainless steel cup at work that I pour my pop into.  Given what I am hearing about plastics in general (and it ain't good), I'm wanting to use aluminium cans (been doing it the last month or two for sodas).  I have several big 52 ounce cups that I haven't used in awhile and after reading all about that, I'm ready to get back to doing that.

I know it's CU but CU deserves kudos for what they are doing and CU is planning on phasing out plastic cups from all athletic events next year.  Glass recycling is also problematic due to different colors and what is in different types of glass.

Perhaps we'll see aluminum cups only at all Pac-12 ventures by 2021.

And maybe buy stock in Ball Corp...I think that is getting ready to take off.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/03/cu-buffs-nebraska-football-tickets-2019-justin-timberlake-scott-frost-mel-tucker/amp/

Nebraska-Colorado ticket prices in the secondary markets has been nuts.  Last year's secondary market prices were the highest for a Nebraska home game ever until Oklahoma visits in the not too distant future.

According to VividSeats.com’s Andrew Gretchko, tickets for the first Cornhuskers-Buffs game in Boulder since 2009 sold for an average of $292 on the site as of late last Friday. Gretchko said that made it the No. 3 most expensive seat for any single event in Denver or Boulder — that includes concerts, the Broncos, etc. — in 2019, ahead of a Jan. 28 Timberlake show at the Pepsi Center ($274) and the July 6 Dead & Company performance at Folsom Field ($149).

The only musical icons CU-vs.-Huskers hasn’t yet trampled on the VividSeats.com charts? The Rolling Stones, whose rescheduled August show at Mile High went for an average price of $333, and a February Elton John concert at the Pepsi Center, where the average was $313.

More tibits.

A $410 median list price for Nebraska-CU as of last Friday topped even the median prices for such traditional rivalries as USC at Notre Dame ($375) and the Apple Cup showdown between Washington State and Washington ($202).

Gretchko noted that the Huskers-CU game as of late last week was the No. 2 most in-demand seat for any college football game in any conference on VividSeats.com, with the $410 average listing getting outflanked only by a seat for Notre Dame’s visit to Georgia on Sept. 21, where the average seat between the hedges was going for $430.

Nebraska and CU will meet again in 2023 and 2024.  Based on those ticket prices, more rivalry renewals are in store.

https://www.ralphiereport.com/2019/9/4/20848955/colorado-isnt-a-rival-nebraskas-words-say-otherwise

Scott Frost said that CU is an "ex-rival" in his Monday presser.  Based on the trash talk coming from Husker coaches, players, and fans, that is so far from the truth.  A lot of tweets in that article to look at and perhaps :lol: at. 

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

It was awesome.  

Trivia question: what college football team has the best record in Lincoln Nebraska?

Answer:  WSU.  The Cougs have beaten Nebraska 3 of the 4 times they have played.  All games in Lincoln.

That's awesome...I imagine there are CU fans that would kill to get that kind of record in Lincoln.  That's why last year's win in Lincoln was so statisfying.

I want another win this Saturday so the Corn Cult can suffer until 2023 over losing to CU.

Archived