Finebaum doesn't trust "dishonest" Oregon AD

Quack 12

What a moron.. He was on the selection show a few weeks ago and was spewing tid bits of these thoughts. The ESPN panel fired back saying he left the room etc... There has also been several other examples of committee members having to leave because of ties to potential schools since 2014.

If anyone truly believes that the SEC hasn't been given partial treatment since the beginning they are high. I agree with Scorcho 100%.  Calling Mullens dishonest with zero facts or examples to back it up is just chickenshit.

If any conference has gotten the shaft in these rankings, it's been the P12...East Coast bias 100%.. 

BTW, has there ever been a TV analyst more ugly than Finebaum? Nice ears brah.... Shave that bald head too.. You can't grow hair dude..

“Please don’t misunderstand me, I know him and I like him," Finebaum said Nov. 12. "I’m just saying It puts that committee in the crosshairs though. I’m a big believer in transparency and I’m not sure we’re going to get it if he’s sitting outside having a soft drink.”

WTF is he saying here?  He has a problem with Mullens recusing himself now?  Jesus, is every southerner an idiot?  I mean, every single one?

John Clayton is still at ESPN?  He's a dumbass and that is the garbage he spewed before CU joined the conference.

And the SEC should know that the Pac-12, Big 12, B1G, and ACC can simply break away to form their own division and tell the SEC to go pound sand.

43 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

John Clayton is still at ESPN?  He's a dumbass and that is the garbage he spewed before CU joined the conference.

And the SEC should know that the Pac-12, Big 12, B1G, and ACC can simply break away to form their own division and tell the SEC to go pound sand.

Yes, he's still with ESPN, and he's on the radio every day in Seattle, and he does sideline reporting for Seahawks radio broadcasts. What the heck did Clayton ever do to CU? 

And no, there would be no legitimate CFP that didn't include the SEC

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/11/paul-finebaum-apologizes-for-wrong-and-inappropriate-attack-on-credibility-of-oregon-ad-rob-mullens-i-could-not-have-been-more-incorrect.html

Finebaum walks it back.

While opening his broadcast Friday afternoon from the campus of the University of Georgia, Finebaum called those remarks “wrong and inappropriate" and said he “could not have been more incorrect” about Mullens.

“I want to address something that occurred here last night; we were having a conversation about the College Football Playoff and about its chairman, Rob Mullens, who is the athletic director at the University of Oregon,” Finebaum said. "I have been critical of the process. I have been critical of the fact that Mr. Mullens is representing Oregon as the athletic director, although officially he’s not representing them as the chairman of the College Football Playoff. I said some things that quite frankly were wrong and inappropriate.

“This morning, on the way over to Athens, I called Rob Mullens out in Oregon and personally apologized to him, telling him that it doesn’t matter what I intended to say, I am responsible for what I said. He was magnanimous in accepting my apology. We both agreed to get together soon and hope to get to know each other better because he could not have been kinder in receiving my call, and I could not have been more incorrect in what I had to say about him last night.”

20 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

Yes, he's still with ESPN, and he's on the radio every day in Seattle, and he does sideline reporting for Seahawks radio broadcasts. What the heck did Clayton ever do to CU? 

And no, there would be no legitimate CFP that didn't include the SEC

Clayton even dissed the Big 12 not just CU.

I agree about the legit part of the CFP without the SEC...ESPN would be screaming murder over lost revenue...like I care about ESPN.  But I can bet that there will be no single tear shed outside of SEC country if the SEC was left out of the CFP.  That could restore some of the luster to college football.

59 minutes ago, glduck said:

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/11/paul-finebaum-apologizes-for-wrong-and-inappropriate-attack-on-credibility-of-oregon-ad-rob-mullens-i-could-not-have-been-more-incorrect.html

Finebaum walks it back.

While opening his broadcast Friday afternoon from the campus of the University of Georgia, Finebaum called those remarks “wrong and inappropriate" and said he “could not have been more incorrect” about Mullens.

“I want to address something that occurred here last night; we were having a conversation about the College Football Playoff and about its chairman, Rob Mullens, who is the athletic director at the University of Oregon,” Finebaum said. "I have been critical of the process. I have been critical of the fact that Mr. Mullens is representing Oregon as the athletic director, although officially he’s not representing them as the chairman of the College Football Playoff. I said some things that quite frankly were wrong and inappropriate.

“This morning, on the way over to Athens, I called Rob Mullens out in Oregon and personally apologized to him, telling him that it doesn’t matter what I intended to say, I am responsible for what I said. He was magnanimous in accepting my apology. We both agreed to get together soon and hope to get to know each other better because he could not have been kinder in receiving my call, and I could not have been more incorrect in what I had to say about him last night.”

Lol. Open mouth insert foot. 

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:41 PM, utenation said:

What a moron.. He was on the selection show a few weeks ago and was spewing tid bits of these thoughts. The ESPN panel fired back saying he left the room etc... There has also been several other examples of committee members having to leave because of ties to potential schools since 2014.

If anyone truly believes that the SEC hasn't been given partial treatment since the beginning they are high. I agree with Scorcho 100%.  Calling Mullens dishonest with zero facts or examples to back it up is just chickenshit.

If any conference has gotten the shaft in these rankings, it's been the P12...East Coast bias 100%.. 

BTW, has there ever been a TV analyst more ugly than Finebaum? Nice ears brah.... Shave that bald head too.. You can't grow hair dude..

List for me the P12 teams that didn't make the playoffs, that should have made the playoffs, including what year and what team "stole" their spot.

I think Mullen is honest, but I also think that he desperately wants a P12 team in the playoffs - as does ESPN and the committee.   They've particularly wanted to Ducks - especially Herbstriet, who continued to slobber over them, even as ASU was beating the Ducks.

I have yet to have anyone to explain to me why Oregon and/or Utah were ranked at 6 and 7.  Other schools with "better" credentials (Minnesota, Baylor, Oklahoma, just to name a few) have been ranked below these two teams, who - I believe - would have 3 losses or more, if they were in any other conference.

Just look at Utah's resume.  Only loss was at USC and the Utes had a fumble in the redzone that could have really changed the game.  Alabama was down by 20 at one point against LSU...at home.  Utah should jump ahead of 'Bama if the Utes win out.  Ute fans are going to have to root for LSU since a LSU win should knock Georgia out of the CFP.

And Michigan & Coach Khaki Pants are laying in wait for those Buckeyes.

I'm thinking that UO loss might have not damaged the P12's CFP hopes as much as people have feared.

Archived