2020 Election Thread

PapaG

To paraphrase something I saw on Twitter yesterday and can’t find now:

The house is burning to the ground and the fire department is speeding to help, but the truck isn’t the same exact model we idealized as a kid so we’re gonna refuse the help and let it all burn.

That’s the Democratic Party.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/31/2020 at 2:51 PM, CRBuff said:

I hope he is voted out, however am less certain it will be happen.  

All political norms are thrown out these days.  At the moment, I don’t think impeachment moves the needle.  Republicans think the house process was a sham, and dems the same of the senate.  Obviously a smoking gun could come out, but at the moment don’t see it.

ultimately Mano is obviously correct the dems have to turn out, even if a Biden wins the nomination.  And while they will win in New York, California and so on, they are going to have to have a message that resonates with flyover states.  This was one of the major misses for Clinton.  

Republican SENATORS believe this.  Yet the 51 senators who voted against witnesses represent 19 MILLION FEWER PEOPLE than the 49 senators who voted FOR witnesses.

Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million.  Whoever we nominate this summer WILL win the popular vote.  By millions.

And here's another stat you need to remember if it helps you put the kabash on all this BothSidesBullshit:

Of the last SEVEN presidential elections, the GOP has lost the popular vote in ALL BUT ONE OF THEM.

I've yet to see anyone aside from Bernie (outside of those contenders who abandoned their candidacy) be this clear about ending the war on drugs.  And it's CRITICAL.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2020/02/01/bernie-sanders-pledges-legal-marijuana-in-all-50-states-on-day-one-as-president/#4d0600701c16

164,066 viewsFeb 1, 2020, 10:15pm

Bernie Sanders Pledges Legal Marijuana In All 50 States On Day One As President

1 hour ago, Orange said:

A huge percentage of Bernie supporters are of the same species as the pro-trump/anti-establishment types.  That's not me, but I certainly am a Bernie supporter.  

This makes no sense to me.  In our system it is a binary choice.  If you don’t vote for the dem (assuming not your guy), you ARE voting for trump.  

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Republican SENATORS believe this.  Yet the 51 senators who voted against witnesses represent 19 MILLION FEWER PEOPLE than the 49 senators who voted FOR witnesses.

Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million.  Whoever we nominate this summer WILL win the popular vote.  By millions.

And here's another stat you need to remember if it helps you put the kabash on all this BothSidesBullshit:

Of the last SEVEN presidential elections, the GOP has lost the popular vote in ALL BUT ONE OF THEM.

And all of that doesn’t really matter, not in our system.  It made the Clinton campaign strategy more baffling.  Why ignore the states that were the only path to a trump win.

30 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

And all of that doesn’t really matter, not in our system.  It made the Clinton campaign strategy more baffling.  Why ignore the states that were the only path to a trump win.

The use of the word "ignore" here suggests you haven't examined the issue.

38 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

This makes no sense to me.  In our system it is a binary choice.  If you don’t vote for the dem (assuming not your guy), you ARE voting for trump.  

This is what a bunch of the "woke" crowd don't seem to get. So many made the claim last go around that Hillary would be just as bad as Trump to justify sitting out or voting third party so they could feel morally superior. 

Again, if you don't vote for the Dem candidate this time around you are assisting Trump, and will be complicit if he gets reelected. 

7 minutes ago, Mano said:

This is what a bunch of the "woke" crowd don't seem to get. So many made the claim last go around that Hillary would be just as bad as Trump to justify sitting out or voting third party so they could feel morally superior. 

Again, if you don't vote for the Dem candidate this time around you are assisting Trump, and will be complicit if he gets reelected. 

Well, this is true if you happen to live in a swing state.

What I've learned from the 2016 election, the senate ever since 2014, and the impeachment proceedings is that it doesn't matter one jolly fuck what I or anyone else thinks/votes.  Republicans don't want democracy, quite simply.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

Well, this is true if you happen to live in a swing state.

What I've learned from the 2016 election, the senate ever since 2014, and the impeachment proceedings is that it doesn't matter one jolly fuck what I or anyone else thinks/votes.  Republicans don't want democracy, quite simply.

They are working hard to suppress the vote.

We on the other side need to work even harder to prevent them from doing so.

3 hours ago, Orange said:

The use of the word "ignore" here suggests you haven't examined the issue.

Fair, ignore was overstated.  To simply dismiss this as republicans are bad guys is also a bit simplistic.  I guarantee the next nominee will learn from their mistakes.  I mean, they lost to trump.  That’s amazing.

Archived