Utah State vs BYU

Guest bendsinister

Guest bendsinister

I've got a little Aggie blood in me; wouldn't miss an opportunity to see them knock of the Cougs. It's an alright game so far. Utah St. busted an 80 yard TD run on the first play from scrimmage which was great. Ross Apo just got hammered, and has left the game. Hope he's alright.

Guest RobberBaron83

These officials seem a bit biased to me. An ejection was just too harsh. And that first defensive holding penalty was absolute bullshit.

Guest bendsinister

Personally, I don't think he was targeting, but I understand the ejection. Apo is just coming of a concussion. Plus football in general (NFL and CFB) is trying to clamp down on these big, helmet to helmet hits.

Guest RobberBaron83

It must have been my crappy internet connection, then, because it didn't seem like a hit to the head to me. I thought it looked like shoulder to shoulder, though the defender did leave his feet.

Still, I'm used to seeing guys get multiple personal fouls and not be tossed, so the ejection came as a surprise.

Guest mccuisinart

Do you Utah fans hate both these teams or is all the hatred directed towards BYU?

All the hatred is directed toward Colorado. byu isn't worth the energy. They know their team is third rate and it looks like they're about to be the third best team in the state for the second straight year in a row. What do you guys think of Chuckie Keeton? This guy has ice cold aggie ice cream runnin' through his veins. That was a hell of a touchdown pass to end the half, no?

I can't really speak for Utah anymore about hatred for USU because I'm actually going Aaron Burr on Utah and transferring up there next semester because of a change in major. Utah fans and Aggie fans generally get along in peace unless USU is bragging about their basketball team that is really really good, but they can't get out of the first round of the tourney.

Nice to see other fans within the conference having some interest in this game. I was a little surprised to see this topic here, but I guess it is the only game on television.

Go Aggies!

Guest mccuisinart

Did anyone else just see that screener get completely blown up? Might have the quietest "Big Hit" I have ever seen.

More bullshit home cooking.

Anyone notice that the Aggies converted five straight third and six plays?

They were faced with a third and six again, but got penalized for a false start and got backed up to third and 11. They converted it anyway, and then scored a TD on top of it.

This is a GOOD football team, from what is being seen in just this one game. Well, I mean... it is byu, so they should be up at least 20 by now, but I'll give them a pass for how they've been playing under pressure.

Guest mccuisinart

Unbelievable. byu's best player is a transfer from USU that Roscoe Mendenhall contacted while he was on his LDS mission. If the aggies are going to choke another one away, it would be really biting at the hands of Riley Nelson.

24-20 aggies

edit- Aggie Meltdown in FULL EFFECT. Botched a field goal fake and now Nelson is looking good.

Guest ASUsparky

Well, as an ASU fan, the last couple of years we have had LOTS of losses like USU just had tonight, tough break, but it happens.

Guest Go Devils!

Do they call holding up there in Utah? Saw several takedowns/holds on BYU's last drive.

Feel bad for Utah St. - tough way to lose to a rival. Add that to the other ways they've lost this year - wow.:unsure:

Guest mccuisinart

USU football has arrived! byu rushes the field!!!

Once Nelson graduates there will be no more talent from USU for byu to leech off of and this series is going to get lopsided. There was a good reason USU dominated this game last year. Nelson was out with a shoulder injury.

Oh well. Another Friday night ESPN high school type game is in the books. Big Boy football begins tomorrow. Le's go Pac-12.

Guest Tacoma Ute

Rushing the field after beating a 1-3 WAC team? What a clear statement on the pathetic state of that program and their fans who are about 92% douchebags.

Archived