Top performances of PAC12 alums in the NFL Week 1

Guest ASUsparky

Guest ASUsparky

Offensive:

QB - Aaron Rodgers - 27/35 312yds 3 TDs, barring injury, A-Rod is probably going to get this honor most weeks this season.

RB - Maurice Jones Drew - 24 carries 97yds 1 TD, the little spark plug continues to overachieve.

WR - ****** Smith - 8 catches 178yds 2 TD's, after all these years and all of those different QB's that go through Carolina, Smith is still a beast.

TE - Ed Dickson - 5 catches 59yds 1TD's, Good season opener for Dickson. The PAC 12 has a TON of starting TE's in the NFL so it wouldn't surprise me if we see maybe 5-10 different names in this spot throughout the season.

K - Rian Lindell - 2/2 FG's 5/5 XP, I'm going with most stats on this one. Had Mason Crosby hit 2 FG's along with hitting all 6 PAT's, then I would have put him here, but I'll go with Lindell THIS week.

Defensive:

DT - Haloti Ngata - 4 combined tackles 1 forced fumble 2 fumble recoveries, Ngata was another Raven playing out of his mind today.

DE - Jonathon Fanene - 6 combined tackles tied for most of any DE in week 1 so far.

ILB - Desmond Bishop - 12 combined tackles 8 solo 4 assists, tackling machine.

OLB - Terrell Suggs - 3 sacks 5 tackles 2 forced fumbles, Suggs was just all over the field today in Baltimore.

CB - Nnamdi Asamougha - Not sure if the Eagles had him defend Gibson or Sims-Walker, but it looks like Nnamdi did the job regardless(like he always does)

P - Chris Kluwe - 6 Punts 251 Net Yards 3 Inside the 20, Kluwe is always consistent.

Obviously these are still subject to change if great performances happen tonight or tomorrow, but right now these are IMO the top performers from their positions in Week 1. Feel free to disagree if you beg to differ.

Guest RogueDuck

Ngata also tipped a pass that was INT by Ray Lewis, he really had a great game today.

Also undrafted FA rookie WR Doug Baldwin from Stanford, had 4 catches for 83 yds and a TD for Seattle.

Guest ASUsparky

Ngata also tipped a pass that was INT by Ray Lewis, he really had a great game today.

Also undrafted FA rookie WR Doug Baldwin from Stanford, had 4 catches for 83 yds and a TD for Seattle.

Yea, Ngata was all over the field as well. Seems like everyone on the Ravens D took turns eating the Steelers for lunch! lol

It still shocks me that Stanford has minimal representation in the League right now, but I'm sure that will change the next couple of years.

Guest ASUsparky

I overlooked him initially but Rob Gronkowski ended up having a better game than Ed Dickson did at TE. 6 catches 86 yds and a TD catch. Best of the PAC12 TE's for week 1. Just a correction.

Archived