Rocky Mountain Showdown

Guest Bone Crusher

Guest Bone Crusher

Could this be really CU's "bye" week this season after going through two quality opponents in Hawaii and Cal?

I have a co-worker whose daughter married a former CSU starting QB and goes to CSU games once in awhile. That former Ram QB said that CSU played terrible in the 2nd half and I believe that their star LB's injury took the air out of the stadium causing CSU to play poorly during that half. CSU will find a way to be pumped up for this game but at the same time, it seems like the talent gap between the Buffs and Rams have never been wider.

It has been awhile since CSU had to deal with quite the firepower that the Buffs possessed against Cal. And CU has nuked the Rams through the air in the past namely when Joel Klatt made his starting debut against the Rams.

Link to the 2003 CU-CSU game: http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3850&SPID=255&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=24865

CSU also hasn't been that impressive in games against lowly New Mexico and against Northern Colorado, one of the weaker Big Sky teams. Combine that with a Buffs team that is hungry for a win and that could be a recipe for a big win over the Rams. If CU can continue to take care of the football (only giveaway this season so far) and force some turnovers (CSU has four giveaways on the season), the Buffs should be able to put away the Rams before halftime as it was the case last season.

What CU needs to do is to blitz lights out and put pressure on CSU's Pete Thomas and he will start throwing picks as it was the case in last year's game. Then CU can run the ball since CSU will probably gameplan to defend against the pass and this is a great oppournity for the other CU WRs or TEs to get single coverage since CSU will have to account for both Richardson and Stewart in the passing game.

I believe that CU will win this game and I am not ready to look ahead to a trip to the Horse Shoe for this one.

GO BUFFS!

BEAT CSU!

Guest ASUsparky

I have know a lot of people on both sides of this "rivalry" and the smack talk has actually really picked up.

CSU looks good because they had their easy games early. Barely beat New Mexico(who got killed by Arky) and somewhat killed UNC(who is average at best in the big sky).

Definitely siding with CU on this one.

Don't let us down Buffs!

Guest Highlander72

The key is to put these goat ****ers away early. There is some national buzz around the program after last week's tough showing. CU needs to come out and put something on these guys... and another 2 or 3 tds for P-Rich wouldn't hurt either. I know EB will want to get the run game going. Should be interesting to see how it goes with all the injuries we've had on the OL.

Guest FountainofUte

I'm struggling with this one. I know the right thing to do is to pull for our new and relevant brethren in Boulder. But I've been pulling for the Rams in this match up my whole life until now.

Old habits die hard. With that said: Go Buffs!

Guest Chile_Ute

The key is to put these goat ****ers away early. There is some national buzz around the program after last week's tough showing. CU needs to come out and put something on these guys... and another 2 or 3 tds for P-Rich wouldn't hurt either. I know EB will want to get the run game going. Should be interesting to see how it goes with all the injuries we've had on the OL.

You'll have an extra advantage as Sisson is out for the season. Whether you like the Rams or not, that dude was a huge anchor/beast for their defense.

Good luck, and injury free.

Guest Bone Crusher

I'm struggling with this one. I know the right thing to do is to pull for our new and relevant brethren in Boulder. But I've been pulling for the Rams in this match up my whole life until now.

Old habits die hard. With that said: Go Buffs!

I will root for you guys plus ASU & UA against any other school except when they all meet CU. As for when UA, ASU, and Utah meet each other, I'll just grab the popcorn and watch.

Mountain Schools For The Win!

Guest FountainofUte

I will root for you guys plus ASU & UA against any other school except when they all meet CU. As for when UA, ASU, and Utah meet each other, I'll just grab the popcorn and watch.

Mountain Schools For The Win!

I'm feelin' ya. That's where I'm coming from.

Guest Bone Crusher

Go Colorado

State!

Careful there...it'll make it easier for me to root against Utah when they face both AZ schools. ;)

Guest Highlander72

Embree's had the Buffs ready to play and even though we looked like horse shit in the 1st half against UH, and also the 4th, they still played hard.

We need to internalize the last two games and just throw a 50 pt beatdown on these bastards.... and still play hard. We need to impose our will on them.

Guest Bone Crusher

I am unable to watch on TV at this point so I will read the play by play...it's almost like visual radio (especially since I'm Deaf myself).

GO BUFFS!

BEAT CSU!

LAMB CHOPS FOR DINNER!

Guest mccuisinart

CU down 7-0 and playing stupid football.

Maybe Colorado should have joined the MWC. Barely competing against a team we throttled 56-3 last year.

:D

GO COLORADO STATE.

(not really serious, Bone Crusher. Let's be friends.)

Guest Bone Crusher

Maybe Colorado should have joined the MWC. Barely competing against a team we throttled 56-3 last year.

:D

GO COLORADO STATE.

(not really serious, Bone Crusher. Let's be friends.)

Believe it or not, I was one of those few Buff fans that was willing to accept move to the MWC at the time. The idea of all those rivalries with CSU, Wyoming (they do hate us), AFA (they would hate us), Utah (history), BYU (both sides would have hated each other). That would be quite the lovefest there eh? :lol:

(I was teasing you there about being a MIP lover...no worries)

Archived