New Revenue rankings

Guest MrBug708

Those aren't exactly new. They are from 2009. I know at least Utah's revenue has increase by about 30% since then. The entire conference will see a big jump next year.

Guest Bone Crusher

I found it surprising that USC only had $3 million more in revenue than CU despite the difference in stadium size. USC really needs to take over the Coliseum ASAP so they can do the improvements to help genernate new income. If USC was a stock, it is screaming BUY!

There is the saying that IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME. Just look at the Big Ten, SEC, and Big 12 revenues for the top tier teams from those conferences. Heck, even Minnesota with their apatheic fanbase still took in more money than every Pac-12 school save for UW.

Guest Bone Crusher

Im pretty sure that the private schools are not exact numbers

Anyone can file a FOIA request on USC and Stanford's revenues that are on their taxes at the IRS.

Anyone can file a FOIA request on USC and Stanford's revenues that are on their taxes at the IRS.

Thats true... But the private universities don't have to put in plain site either. Or even put it in a way that normal people can figure out...

Guest superdeluxe

lol, Washington has been craptastic for pretty much the entire decade and we have the highest football revenue in the Pac-12. I'm not sure if I should be excited that Washington still makes money even though we suck....or be frustrated to see how much we would be making if we were actually decent.

Guest Bone Crusher

I knew UTAH had a lot of catching up to do, but damn, we have a lot of catching up to do...

yes some catching up to CU...I was surprised that CU was earning nearly twice as much as Utah despite Utah selling out their stadium and CU's attendance marks being similar to Utah's attendance marks. I'm sure those 41 suite boxes (for like $500k per year) on the east side of the stadium has raked in the $$$ since CU managed to sell them out despite crappy Hawkins-teams. If CU starts winning big, an expansion of the club seating and luxury suites is inevitable. CU was also the last Big 12 school to get onboard with tickets that require a minimum donation amount as well. Future expansion plans for Folsom Field do include renonvations to the west side suites so CU will be able to make even more money down the road.

Utah should close the gap when they put up new suite boxes on the other side of the stadium that do not have them but due to differences in pricing & spendable income between the SLC and Denver areas, CU probably will still have the upper hand but it doesn't mean Utah fans suck.

Guest bendsinister

yes some catching up to CU...I was surprised that CU was earning nearly twice as much as Utah despite Utah selling out their stadium and CU's attendance marks being similar to Utah's attendance marks.

BCS $$$$$

Guest Bone Crusher

BCS $$$$$

It doesn't appear that CU's BCS & Big 12 money is even part of it. CU has a nearly $50 million dollar athletic budget and the Buffs were in the black that year. You got to account for $21 million there.

That is the difference between bcs and non bcs. Utah only earned under 1.2 million from their crappy tv deal. That is the difference from Utah and Colorado. When Utah went to the bcs games, we had to share our revenue with the MWC teams. I imagine you will see huge increases out of Utah and Colorado as they continue to expand. It appears Utah will increase the stadium by another 7,500 over the next few years and up to 68,000 over the next 10 years. This doesn't include luxury suites on the east side. My season tickets this year doubled in price plus I was asked to give a donation for the first time. Totally worth it to have USC , Oregon, UCLA coming in rather than Wyoming and New Mexico. Utah and BYU kept that conference afloat.

Archived