OU's BoR Agenda

Guest superdeluxe

Guest superdeluxe

http://www.ou.edu/regents/official_agenda/SeptemberFinalAgenda.pdf

ACTION PROPOSED:

The Board of Regents will discuss potential legal ramifications of athletic conference

realignment options and/or consider new athletic conference membership and take any

appropriate action. An executive session may be proposed pursuant to Section 307B.4 of the

Oklahoma Open Meetings Act.

Might finally get some movement.

Guest superdeluxe

Time to roll out the welcome mat for the Okies.

I agree, not sure how the other members will look, but its my understanding you dont go this far unless you have a pretty good idea where you are going to land.

Guest Bone Crusher

I agree, not sure how the other members will look, but its my understanding you dont go this far unless you have a pretty good idea where you are going to land.

It's possible that Larry Scott has the minimum of nine votes to go ahead. The Pac-10 presidents gave Larry Scott the go ahead to go after CU. Three days later, CU had their BOR meeting and then later that night, CU to the Pac-10 was for real.

If the OU BOR follows the same path as CU, expect an announcement by the Pac-12 introducing OU and OSU as the 13th & 14th member of the Pac next Tuesday.

Guest bendsinister

If the bomb is about to drop, I really hope we get Texas and Tech or Kansas. IDK that a lonesome Oklahoma outpost is good for us or the Oklahoma schools.

Guest Chad Sexington

It is my opinion that nothing is going to happen.

If something does happen, it will be OU and OSU to the PAC.

The PAC will then be divided East/West division, with UCLA going east to balance things out.

EDIT: So it would be the old PAC 8 (minus UCLA) in the West and all the newbies and the Ruins in the East.

Guest Bone Crusher

Some people have been saying Utah goes to the North if we go to 14. Scheduling between the Cal schools would be problematic if one school is in one division while the other three are in a different division.

Guest bendsinister

No, it was the other California schools that booted UCLA to the East.

They're done with the _ruins.

I don't mean to come of as rude, but I don't think you have the faintest idea what you're talking about, or you're just trolling. Will gladly man up an eat crow if I'm wrong.

Guest MrBug708

Why would the California schools kick UCLA to the East? That's 6 games, plus USC and Cal each year and they will play the other 5 schools once every 5 years? In Seattle once every 10 years?

Not buying it

Guest Chad Sexington

I don't mean to come of as rude, but I don't think you have the faintest idea what you're talking about, or you're just trolling. Will gladly man up an eat crow if I'm wrong.

Trolling? You go straight to trolling? Is it possible I am kidding, and poking fun at one certain UCLA poster?

No, couldn't be. It could only be trolling.

:rolleyes:

Guest Chad Sexington

Why would the California schools kick UCLA to the East? That's 6 games, plus USC and Cal each year and they will play the other 5 schools once every 5 years? In Seattle once every 10 years?

Not buying it

Because they're afraid of your nurse.

So am I, by the way.

Guest MrBug708

Trolling? You go straight to trolling? Is it possible I am kidding, and poking fun at one certain UCLA poster?

No, couldn't be. It could only be trolling.

:rolleyes:

And here I thought that was the definition of trolling. Oops!

Guest Chad Sexington

And here I thought that was the definition of trolling. Oops!

That's not my understanding.

Otherwise no one can joke around?

Your categories become "World Peace" or "Trolling".

You've never heard of joking? Not surprising.

Archived