A reason to be thankful for the Pac-12 and college sports

Guest Bone Crusher

Guest BeaverDan

First, the NFL Lockout could be on next Friday followed by the NBA...then a MLB lockout as well?

MLB headed towards shutdown after this season?

Maybe it's time to give pro sports the heave-ho?

I gave ALL of pro sports the heave ho when baseball went on strike in the mid 90's. A bunch of millionaires quibbling with a bunch of billionaires over who gets more of Joe Working Class's money. I take a passing interest in how prior Beavs are doing in the NFL but believe me when I say it is a passing interest. I did watch this last Super Bowl but that is the first time I have seen an entire game of any pro sport since I gave it up.

Just an old crumudgeon I guess. HEY, YOU KIDS GET OUT OF MY YARD...AND TAKE YOUR DOG DOO WITH YOU!!!

Guest FountainofUte

Maybe it's time to give pro sports the heave-ho?

I already have.

Okay, I still follow the Jazz pretty closely, but I've found I'm FAR more of a Jazz fan than an NBA fan. I only watch Jazz games, couldn't care less about the All-star game, and the playoffs are dead to me once the Jazz are out (which, lately, is usually about four games after the series against the Lakers begins.)

As for other sports, I don't think I watched one MLB game last year. Not one. I don't think I've ever done that. This last NFL season, the Super Bowl was the only game I watched. I never thought I'd become one of "those guys." NHL? What's that?

Even as bad as Ute basketball has been, I've followed it as closely as the Jazz this year (not that they've been any better). I'm fully prepared to not watch pro sports; I'm basically there already.

Guest Bone Crusher

BeaverDan and FountainofUte,

I only watched one Denver Broncos game this recent season due to conflict with going to church but as I have learned about myself, I can live without sports on the days that I go to church.

You can watch NFL Game Rewind to catch up on that stuff. Link to NFL Game Rewind

CU has BuffTV and I can watch any football or basketball games from this season and plus past CU games as well. Check with your school's website to see if a service is available from your school.

Plus there is ESPN3 as well. I believe it is silly to miss important events for the sake of sports these days when you can watch them at a later time.

Guest RogueDuck

I follow the NFL, but being a Mariners and Blazers fan has pretty much made me stop watching either sport. Portland continues to draft injured centers, and the MLB is all about Boston and NY and outside of a week or two on ESPN you would think one of those teams won it all and not the Giants. Love the college game a lot more, go to an NBA game some time and it seems like the players only play hard for the last 5 minutes of the game while in college you usually get your moneys worth.

Guest ShaggyUte

Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> church. :)

I use to be a NFL,NBA,MLB fan but now I'm just a Packer & Jazz fan. I'll always be a Cubbie but I gave up baseball a long time ago. My true passions now are Utah football, Real Salt Lake and Everton FC.

Archived