OSU's Stephen Paea...

Guest rb28

I saw that over the weekend. Kid breezed to 45 reps...almost made 50!

Yeah, me too. I think the bench is my second favorite thing to watch behind the 40. Not that either of those transfer great to the NFL but good for TV.

Guest nakedmolerat

He nearly broke the record without stopping. He pumped out the first 43, then decided to take a break. He was about 4 inches from getting 50. Pretty darn impressive.

RAT

I've been talking about him to my Niner friends...

The Niners need a NT and I was singing the praises of Paea, but nobody was buying it. Mainly because he played at OSU and he was under the radar because of OSU's not so great season. But after this weekend they have come around a little! :lol:

He nearly broke the record without stopping. He pumped out the first 43, then decided to take a break. He was about 4 inches from getting 50. Pretty darn impressive.

RAT

Hey Rat, did you go to the combine after your OSU career?

Inwonder how much Paea will be missed by the Beavs this upcoming season.

About as much as Ngata was missed after his Oregon career!

Guest nakedmolerat

Hey Rat, did you go to the combine after your OSU career?

Nope. I participated in the senior day, but I remember a scout for the Vikings (he was relatively young at the time... 25 maybe) that I probably wouldn't be looked at very hard because my arms weren't long enough.

I think that was a nice way of saying "You're not good enough."

My numbers weren't that good even. Bench was 21, vert was 24", don't remember the shuttle, but it was my best time, and they could time my 40 with a calendar, so I never really had a shot.

Inwonder how much Paea will be missed by the Beavs this upcoming season.

Lots. He's going to be tough shoes to fill.

Nope. I participated in the senior day, but I remember a scout for the Vikings (he was relatively young at the time... 25 maybe) that I probably wouldn't be looked at very hard because my arms weren't long enough.

I think that was a nice way of saying "You're not good enough."

My numbers weren't that good even. Bench was 21, vert was 24", don't remember the shuttle, but it was my best time, and they could time my 40 with a calendar, so I never really had a shot.

Hey thanks Rat...

Its always fun to hear about those kind of things! It's too bad your arms weren't long enough! B)

Guest nakedmolerat

Stephen Paea doesn't do push ups, the Earth just slowly backs away.

This was from a teammate of Stephen's named Aaron Nichols on Twitter. It caught on fairly quickly and a bunch of the other people added his name to random Chuck Norris jokes. My favorites:

Stephen Paea CAN believe it's not butter.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of beings Stephen Paea has allowed to live.

Stephen Paea doesn't eat honey. Just bees.

Stephen Paea went skydiving without a parachute. Where he landed is called the Grand Canyon.

Stephen Paea can make a Happy Meal cry.

Archived