TCU Insider claims crazy expansion Big East situation

Guest superdeluxe

Guest superdeluxe

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=122357

It seems to be going after a first strike campaign while everyone else is sleeping till seasons end. Prelim talks have been made with Virginia Tech, Clemson, TCU, Texas Tech, Kansas, KState, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

Conference outline:

TCU

Tech

Kansas

KState

Oklahoma

Okie light

S Florida

Lou.

West Virginia

V Tech

Rutgers

Pitt

Conn

Syra

Clemson

Cin.

This is just plain insane.

Guest Bone Crusher

Someone at KillerFrogs must be tripping on acid. I come from an Oklahoma family and there is no way both OK schools go to the Big East. OKCBuff will be able to refute when he sees this post.

OU really prospered with Texas being in the same conference and you can't split that combo up and that means Oklahoma State will stay with OU and UT in this case. Plus Texas Tech has developed a rivalry with OSU.

100% hogwash.

Guest superdeluxe

Someone at KillerFrogs must be tripping on acid. I come from an Oklahoma family and there is no way both OK schools go to the Big East. OKCBuff will be able to refute when he sees this post.

OU really prospered with Texas being in the same conference and you can't split that combo up and that means Oklahoma State will stay with OU and UT in this case. Plus Texas Tech has developed a rivalry with OSU.

100% hogwash.

yeah, seem that group of UT/TT/OU/OSU will stick together forever..if UT decides to remain in a conference.

Which is why I think they will eventually be in the pac-10..as we can give them that home if it came down to it.

Guest FountainofUte

The Kansas schools should jump at that. The B12 is on borrowed time, and when the bell rings, they'll be on the outside.

The plan actually isn't that far out there and would be a coup for the BE.

UT is beholden to no one, so if you're one of the schools that depends on being linked at the hip to UT, you might want to look long and hard at a plan like this that frees you of them, keeps you AQ, and puts you in a conference likely more stable than the current B12.

Guest GoBruinz

That is wishful thinking and/or insanity.

a) OU, VaTech, Texas Tech and Clemson would never go to the Big East. Va Tech, Clemson, and OU would go to the SEC if anywhere.

b ) Even in a down year, the ACC produces way more revenue for its teams through its new TV contract than the Big East does.

c) What about the Big East basketball only schools? Are they suddenly not in the conference?

If the Big East expands, it will be by doing what they always do: take mid-majors from CUSA and elsewhere. No school that's already in a BCS AQ conference will voluntarily go to the Big East, IMO. The schools that are currently in the Big East are already tripping over themselves trying to get a Big 10 invite.

Guest BuffZilla

Isn't college football FUN???? :lol:

Now, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, but my neighbor's uncle who lives in Boston has an ex-girlfriend in Tampa who is dating a guy in Kansas City (long term relationship - hope it lasts) who's bosses' secretary's husband is a janitor at a radio station, and he found a piece of paper in the trash can that said ............

Honestly, nothing would totally surprise me anymore, but we're going on the word of two interns - reliable interns I'm told - but interns none the less. :P

Guest Fragglepuss

Isn't college football FUN???? :lol:

Now, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, but my neighbor's uncle who lives in Boston has an ex-girlfriend in Tampa who is dating a guy in Kansas City (long term relationship - hope it lasts) who's bosses' secretary's husband is a janitor at a radio station, and he found a piece of paper in the trash can that said ............

Honestly, nothing would totally surprise me anymore, but we're going on the word of two interns - reliable interns I'm told - but interns none the less. :P

Amen to that. With the internet, everyone loves trying to be the modern day Nostradamus, making claims and predictions left and right, and then they get a single ONE right and profess to know it all.

To end it, I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out that the "Utah to the Pac-10" rumor was true. :lol:

Archived