Early look at Week 3 matchups

Guest ASUsparky

Guest Chile_Ute

Texas is only a good brand name. They are not good team this year at all. Texas was one of the worst teams in the nation last year, and this year is going to be no different seeing how retarded they're being with their QB situation. Texas won four games against patsies and had a game gift-wrapped to them by Nebraska last year. This is not a good team. Even UCLA put a gigantic smackdown on them in their own house. I don't know who this "Bayou" or "Beeyou" is you're talking about but apparently they lost to Texas on Saturday so they must not be very good at all.

I realize that you're trying to get this whole "troll" thing down....but now you're just forcing it.

Guest mccuisinart
Utah and Oregon State both have bye weeks so they will get some much needed rest.

Sorry, but calling this a bye week for Utah is completely STUPID. This offense has work to do as does BYU's. And we'll see 2 defenses that have played well. So, the only smart bet in this game is UNDER.

I'm not sure they will this week, either. I think Utah's O is okay-and-improving, but obviously far from prolific. I'd be thrilled if we could hit 24 pts this week. If we can keep BYU under that # (while they're at home--no easy task) then I like our chances. We won't win a shoot out.

I hate defending BYU, ever... but holding Texas to 17 at home is a pretty good defensive game, no? Anyone Ute who is saying "BYU sucks" or "Texas sucks" is being myopic. Both are good teams (note: I'm not saying great) and we'll have our hands very full on Saturday. A loss is not out of the question, in fact, I could argue probable if I'm being totally objective. Not because BYU is noticeably better than Utah, but when you match two even teams, the home team usually wins. It's about as simple as that to me; them's the facts. I'm by no means conceding a loss yet because this game should be close, and the only edge I give BYU is home field.

Agreed....I'm expecting the typical 1-3 point win/loss. BYU's D has looked good....and I think it's only a matter of time before the O gets clicking (just not this week, hopefully).

Nailbiter as usual.

I realize that you're trying to get this whole "troll" thing down....but now you're just forcing it.

You know, I talk, but nobody ever fucking listens. You guys need to stop listening to the hacks in the Utah media who all have their heads up their own and BYU's ass. BYU IS A NO NAME MID-MAJOR TEAM WHO IS NOT GOOD AT ALL. This is not a rivalry anymore. Colorado is the new enemy. They, like Utah, recruit, and put actual athletes on the field. Turn off your AM radio on your drive time commute, Utah fans. You only poison your minds listening to the morons like DJ/PK, Hans and OC, Jan Jorgenson, and hell, sometimes even William and Spencer.

Archived