Pac 10 Softball

Guest USC Trojans

Guest USC Trojans

What a start for the Pac 10 softball teams, including Utah which doesn't start Pac 12 play until next season.

The Pac 10 teams and Utah outscored their opponents 52-2 with 2 mercy's and 2 full games. The Pac 10 also recorded their first no hitter of the season when Oregon St beat Appalachian St 8-0. Marina Demore threw 4 innings of no hit ball while Page Hall tossed one inning of no hit ball. Jessica Moore als struck out 12.

In the other Games:

Arizona St - 17 Western Michigan - 0

Sam Parlich hit a grand slam in the bottom of the 1st for the Sun-Devils.

Mercy rule after 5. The score was 11 - 0 after 1. Can anyone say spank-spank!

Utah put the hurt on Ole Miss 10-0 in a mercy shortened 5 inning game. Generria Nielsen got the win for the lady Utes to go 1-0 on the season.

Ole Miss came back in their nightcap to lose 3-2 to San Jose St.

Oregon bested BYU 3-2 behind Jessica Moore's 2 run homer. Jessica Moore also struck out 12 to get the win for the lady Ducks.

Kenzie Fowler tossed a 3 hitter for Arizona to best Indiana 4 - 0. Fowler goes to 1-0 and also struck out 12.

The Pac 10 looks to be ultra tough again in 2011.

You can also follow along in the Pac 12 Schedules thread. The 2011 football schedule is up as well as the Pac 10 + Utah baseball and softball schedules. I update their schedules to show win/losses.

Guest USC Trojans

Are you a softball fan?

I am a baseball/softball fan, yes.

The Pac 10 is very dominating in softball while very good in baseball.

There might be others on the board that are fans as well.

Guest USC Trojans

Just found it odd that you would be because USC doesn't have a team and most USC fans prefer to call UCLA a "softball" school

I see your point.

My passion sports are football and baseball. I actually played 2 years of semi-pro baseball. Hurt my knee and I was done.

Softball enters in the equation because of my sisters. They both played high school and travel ball. My younger sister pitched, so I caught her training sessions.

I learned to appreciate the game at a young age. So my passion for the sport really has nothing to do with which team I follow.

I used to catch Michelle Granger from Cal before she ever thought of High School.

Michelle was wicked good. She had alot of movement on her ball, changed speeds very well.

Guest USC Trojans

Oregon St is certainly off to a great start in 2011.

Last night they combined for a no hitter. Today Page Hall threw a PERFECT GAME!

Guest Bone Crusher

It would be awesome for CU to start a softball team. We just got hit by heavy snow this week but now we are having 50 to 60 degree days for the next ten days so we will see how things go. If we can build a permeant indoor training center not only for football, getting a softball team going could be doable.

Guest USC Trojans

The Pac 10 softball season started this past weekend.

Again, the ladies were dominating.

Pac 10 teams + Utah

Overall Record vs non conference opponents: 37 - 5

Runs scored: 371

Runs given up: 97

Total Spankage.

Utah lost to Arizona on Friday and beat Arizona St on Saturday 3-1.

Utah went 3-2 for the tourney but really played pretty well.

Next week Baseball starts and softball continues.

You can check out each teams record, standings and schedule in the Pac 12 Schedule thread.

Guest 520james

I am a baseball/softball fan, yes.

The Pac 10 is very dominating in softball while very good in baseball.

There might be others on the board that are fans as well.

why doesn't USC have a softball team? that doesn't make any sense. Across town is the school that has sort of won the most national titles in that sport and the Trojans have strong baseball history. I am sure there is a lot of rowing fans though lol

Guest USC Trojans

No love for UCLA? :)

Three games where it ended early and two others that they won 8-0 and 7-2

UCLA is stacked for sure. The whole Pac 10 is stacked to be honest.

Oregon St started off with a combined NO HITTER, the next night Page Hall, who was also part of the combined no hitter, threw a PERFECT GAME.

Guest USC Trojans

The UCLA vs Cal St Fullerton game scheduled for Wednesday 02-16-11 has been postponed due to rain.

The game will be rescheduled for a later date.

Guest West Coast

why doesn't USC have a softball team? that doesn't make any sense. Across town is the school that has sort of won the most national titles in that sport and the Trojans have strong baseball history. I am sure there is a lot of rowing fans though lol

yeah seriously, why don't they have a team? Can any USC people drop some knowledge for us here?

Guest USC Trojans

yeah seriously, why don't they have a team? Can any USC people drop some knowledge for us here?

To be honest, I heard the reason was due to land. USC does not have the land to build a softball complex on. They would have to go out and purchase land and build a complex which USC feels would not be beneficial to them.

I remember hearing this is the reason or at least part of the reason as to why USC does not have a softball team. Title IX compliance is also another factor.

Guest MrBug708

Softball and Men's Soccer always made too much sense not for USC to have a team for. Both are fairly big in the private school circles, something USC generally takes admission for, especially soccer. I think that if they would ever add men's soccer, they would dominate.

Guest USC Trojans

The softball tournament to watch is this weekends Cathedral City Classic on February 24 - 27th.

Oregon St is the host team which is odd in itself. Cathedral City is near Palm Springs California.

This tournament has 33 teams of which 10 made super regionals last year, including the national champion.

Oregon State

BYU

Cal

Long Beach St

Virginia

Hawaii

Oklahoma St

UC Santa Barbara

San Diego St

Oklahoma

Ohio St

Florida