UT receives NCAA Notice of Allegations

Guest ERock

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Tennessee+self+reported+Lane

Ok, that was me being a smartass. :) Most programs turn over information and self report their violations. Very few have yahoo break the story for them.

That was pretty funny...

But it doesn't really touch on the specifics that was mentioned in this topic...

And I'm not going to sift through article after article to find UT's explanation. Secondary violations are one thing, but what UT is saying now are different then what is in these old articles. The thing that I am concerned with is, why didn't UT do anything to Kiffin at the time especially if he disobeyed a direct order from the higher ups at UT? And now they are playing it off as if the monster known as Lane Kiffin was such a renegade that they just let him do as he pleased...

Guest MrBug708

I think it fairly easy defense is that Tennessee was getting ready to deal with Lane once they had all of the information to present, but the way he left town made it hard for them to effectively handle the situation. I'm wondering what sort of evidence Tennessee does have. Lane lawyering up isn't a good thing, I would have thought he would use USC's in-house legal counsel.

Guest USC Trojans

I think it fairly easy defense is that Tennessee was getting ready to deal with Lane once they had all of the information to present, but the way he left town made it hard for them to effectively handle the situation. I'm wondering what sort of evidence Tennessee does have. Lane lawyering up isn't a good thing, I would have thought he would use USC's in-house legal counsel.

USC will support Lane but I don't see them providing counsel. Providing counsel just wouldn't make sense.

Guest MrBug708

It is there football team that will be without their cooach, unless they also don't think him not being on the sidelines is no big loss

It is there football team that will be without their cooach, unless they also don't think him not being on the sidelines is no big loss

If thats the case, then there will be a whole slurry of coaches out of action (or at least should be)...

Remember these are secondary violations, which coaches like the golden boy Jim Tressle amongst others commit on a regular basis...

I'm looking forward to seeing how the NCAA handles this situation. It wont surprise me at all if they do hit CLK with a ridiculous penalty. It will only galvanize what a lot of people have or are starting to see on a consistent basis from the NCAA... Which is usually uneven favoritism, lack of integrity and consistencies from what they are trying to preach...

And before anybody goes off about me having Cardinal and Gold blinders on, check your comments at Cam Newton and Terrel Pryor's door...

Well now were comparing two different sports...

Obviously there are a lot less games in football and the impact on a program would be far more severe. Especially when you consider football is a one and done sport and basketball is a tourney friendly sport. As far as the coaches you mentioned, Calhoun and Pearl were more closer to the major violation line then just simple secondary violations that I was referring too with CLK and Tressle. I'm not up to speed enough to comment on Izzo. But your comparison of the two sports and the violations are just too different to warrant a comparison...

But I will say that I am happy that the new CEO of the NCAA is at least trying to even things out. Although like I said its just basketball. When they decide to come down on Tressle, Myles, Meyer and other dubious coaches I will be more of a beleiver...

Archived