? should we ask Boise State to come aboard

Guest ducks827

Guest utenation

hahahahaha yeah most are. for me i dont care we should have won both times we play them. next time we do we will kill them. :P

I would have loved to see it man... I cheered pretty hard both times..

From a football standpoint, I think BSU is very competitive with anyone... If this confernece truly does value academics, specifically research like they claim, I think BSU is light years away from being worthy.

I think their TV market is ranked 112th, which is nothing.. They seem to be doing OK in other sports as per Director Cup Rankings, but football is their show..

If the PAC goes beyond 12, I think there are much better overall choices..

No.

The only logical reason to add BSU to the PAC would be due to their amazing football program which has overcome incredibly long odds to become one of the best in the nation.

So, ask yourself this... 10 years from now, is BSU still contending for football National Championships? Because if the answer is No... then there is really no reason to add them to the PAC. 10 years is a lifetime in terms of football, very few teams can claim historical dominance over that kind of timeframe, so I would think it unlikely that BSU can keep competing at that level over that kind of a timeframe, and thats no slight against them in the least. (10 years ago, I would have laughed if you told me that BSU would be ranked in the top 5... would you have believed it?) If you choose to answer Yes, however, the 2nd question would be... would they still be contending for those championships if they played a PAC schedule for a PAC Conference Championship?

If you answer yes to both of those questions, then you can debate whether they fit into the PAC in other ways, if we need to invite them with Idaho to give them a regional rival :blink: and all the addtional questions that would then become relevant. A no to either question settles the issue rather quickly.

Guest Bone Crusher

People out there forget that conferences are not established solely on the quality of the athletic programs. Academics and cultural fit are important factors and right now BSU doesn't fit the academic side of things. Yes they are growing fast but eventually they will have to put the brakes on that growth and stablize things. I know BSU is taking steps to address those academic concerns but that will take many years to do so. Many state political issues have to be also resolved before BSU can really upgrade their academics to a level where the Pac-12 could feel comfortable doing that but we might be in wheelchairs and using walkers by the time they are ready.

People out there forget that conferences are not established solely on the quality of the athletic programs. Academics and cultural fit are important factors and right now BSU doesn't fit the academic side of things. Yes they are growing fast but eventually they will have to put the brakes on that growth and stablize things. I know BSU is taking steps to address those academic concerns but that will take many years to do so. Many state political issues have to be also resolved before BSU can really upgrade their academics to a level where the Pac-12 could feel comfortable doing that but we might be in wheelchairs and using walkers by the time they are ready.

+1

Guest superdeluxe

come aboard to Pac12 some day Yes or No

Didn't their president say it would take a 10 year plan? Boise State needs to do much before we should go after them.

NO, with the caveat that BSU should be the 16th team added if the Pac needs to get to 16 teams because of outside forces dictating situations.

On its own, BSU isn't a good fit for expansion. But in 10 years the Pac might need them to round out expansion, as I mentioned in another thread.

Guest Chile_Ute

Our luggage isn't even on the carousel yet....not now. I think BSU will continue to make strides as a "whole" university. ID politics basically handcuffed their growth for a long time....that road block no longer exists. I think it will look like a very different candidate in 10 years.

Geographically they fit will, culturally it really isn't different than any city in the mountain range. If we need a 16th then accept them based on trends of growth and development. If they meet milestones (realistic) then they continue to develop into a quality research institution.....but 10 years at least (but they'll be a lot closer by then).

Guest The Real U

As it stands now we shouldn't add BSU. If they continue to make strides academically as well as maintaining competitive in sports then why not? Can we please just have them paint their field green?

Guest Chad Sexington

The blue field is small time.

The track around the stadium is small time.

The cheerleaders always boning the football players on national television is small time.

Their facilities are small time.

Boise itself is small time.

If they ever grow up, they might be a decent addition.

Don't hold your breath.

Guest Bone Crusher

No! Unless it's Texas and 3 of its Big XII brethren, we (hopefully) won't expand further.

I agree although I have laid out some scenarios and threw some names around in the PAC-16 thread. The PAC can't be as passive as they were under Hansen after adding the Arizona schools. Hopefully the PAC won't have to roll the dice on some of the MWC schools.

In my mind a lot would have to change..

Take away football and what does Boise State have to offer in terms of PAC potential?

No. There are many reasons - many already stated. The only reason I need is that I don't want to have to deal with that fanbase.

Guest utenation

The only reason I need is that I don't want to have to deal with that fanbase.

:lol:

That should be enough, I agree..

Guest The Real U

No. There are many reasons - many already stated. The only reason I need is that I don't want to have to deal with that fanbase.

I forget about dealing with the grand delusional fan base of the blue broncos, I always heard how ratarded they were but didnt realize it until I started following MWCboard... I take my post back...

Archived