Texas BoR agenda

Guest Bone Crusher

Guest Chad Sexington

Seems like the most likely landing place for KU is the new Big 12/Big East combo.

The Big East was having a difficult enough time holding onto their AQ bid. If this combination of hind ends come to pass then the resulting conference would be no stronger than the MWC, and the MWC would have some nice markets. If the MWC and CUSA were to combine their strongest programs, then you would have markets like San Diego, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Houston, Dallas...

Not too shabby.

We might see a level between Super Conferences and FCS that would consist of these teams.

I don't think this is good for the game of CFB.

This feels weird to me.

Still, until it's actually done and something concrete happens (with the BigXII-II), I can't shake the feeling that there is a high stakes poker game going on down on the plains.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest West Coast

i am super curious as what the SEC will do.

my prediction.

pac 16: i need not type it out. we all know what it will be. + TTech, sans KU (sigh)

big 10: current b1g + KU, Mizzou, ND , and Rutgers

ACC: current 12 + pitt, syracuse, wvu and uconn ( i hope they get louisville instead, but i doubt it)

sec: current 12 + louisville, a&m ....baylor? bueller? buellllllllllller ?????

The Pac 16 will have no unity. UT and OU will walk in here thinking their shat don't stank and all the 12 current members, will hate them. The Texas & Oklahoma pod will HATE the california Pod and semi vice versa b/c the californian's are too busy thinking about themselves.

i am super curious as what the SEC will do.

my prediction.

pac 16: i need not type it out. we all know what it will be. + TTech, sans KU (sigh)

big 10: current b1g + KU, Mizzou, ND , and Rutgers

ACC: current 12 + pitt, syracuse, wvu and uconn ( i hope they get louisville instead, but i doubt it)

sec: current 12 + louisville, a&m ....baylor? bueller? buellllllllllller ?????

The Pac 16 will have no unity. UT and OU will walk in here thinking their shat don't stank and all the 12 current members, will hate them. The Texas & Oklahoma pod will HATE the california Pod and semi vice versa b/c the californian's are too busy thinking about themselves.

I think you are correct on the PAC, I think the ACC will add UConn and either Rutgers or Louisville

I think the SEC will add A&M, WVU, TCU and Louisville if the ACC doesn't get them, Missouri if the B1G doesn't get them, then maybe Baylor or even Eastern Carolina. The SEC might just stop at 14.

Here's the wildcard: the B1G. It could stand at 12 until Notre Dame relents. There is a rumor, how credible I don't know, that the actual savior in our neck of the woods is :KSU! Why? Apparently KSU just received a huge Federal animal research grant to the tune of 1 billion dollars. This has perked the B1G's ears a bit, and they are just waiting to see how the rest of these conference switches shake out before taking KSU, KU, and MU if they are available, ISU if they aren't, and save the last spot for Notre Dame. If you have noticed, MU has actually been really quiet about all this and has not acted at all like they did last year, practically begging the B1G to take them. So, maybe those schools know something we don't. Maybe they're just dejected like us fans. But, the fact that Missouri really hasn't overtly tried to get into the SEC and that WVU appears to be the target there might suggest they have some sort of assurance the B1G will scoop them up. Who knows?

Guest Bone Crusher

UConn and Rutgers are talking to the ACC.

It appears that the B1G might be warming up to KU, MU, ISU, and yes KSU. KSU has a $1 billion grant for agricultural defense from the Feds that could be attractive to the B1G.

Guest West Coast

UConn and Rutgers are talking to the ACC.

It appears that the B1G might be warming up to KU, MU, ISU, and yes KSU. KSU has a $1 billion grant for agricultural defense from the Feds that could be attractive to the B1G.

y

wowwwwwww

so it does look like wvu will most likely end up in the sec since the ACC wants to fill the last two spots with the Rutg and Uconn.

sec: original 12 + a&m, wvu. they pick up 2 more good programs

wvu has always had a soft spot in my heart. ever since reggie rembert signed his rookie card for me when i was 10 haha. but especially when they beat UGA in the sugar bowl. NOW...i'm gonna have to root against them. oh well

Guest bendsinister

y

wowwwwwww

so it does look like wvu will most likely end up in the sec since the ACC wants to fill the last two spots with the Rutg and Uconn.

sec: original 12 + a&m, wvu. they pick up 2 more good programs

wvu has always had a soft spot in my heart. ever since reggie rembert signed his rookie card for me when i was 10 haha. but especially when they beat UGA in the sugar bowl. NOW...i'm gonna have to root against them. oh well

ACC wouldn't take WVU anyways. Academics. ACC is where they should be though, with all their established, natural rivals. It's a shame 'cuz WVU will be a nothing program in the SEC, but could really compete in the ACC, and give the league a little FB credibility.

Guest Bone Crusher

ACC wouldn't take WVU anyways. Academics. ACC is where they should be though, with all their established, natural rivals. It's a shame 'cuz WVU will be a nothing program in the SEC, but could really compete in the ACC, and give the league a little FB credibility.

Fully agree about WVU in the ACC. Their rivals are Pitt, 'Cuse, VT, Maryland, and UVA aborted the series due to the WVU fan base. The ACC pods would be set up as perfectly as the P16 pods in that situation. But even if UConn and Rutgers are the last two in, it's still a good set up. IMO, Rutgers should be in the UVA-VT-UMD pod while Pitt has the NE schools.

Archived