Big East on brink of implosion?

Guest bendsinister

Guest Bone Crusher

amazing. Who would the other two be? KU and Mizzou? Seems to make sense.

I hope we can steal KU instead of Texas Tech though.

Who are the other 3 teams that the SEC plucks away ? Louisville? Bueller? Bueller.....

West Virginia is strongly rumored to be SEC bound but they could be ACC bound. They will find a landing spot and not having Pitt and 'Cuse in the same conference lessens the desire for the 'Eers to stay in the Big East so count them as gone.

Rutgers could be waiting for a B1G invite and UConn might be one of the last two schools into the ACC. Once those schools leave, the Big East is DEAD. I'm now reading that the BE schools are unhappy with the Big East administration.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest West Coast

West Virginia is strongly rumored to be SEC bound but they could be ACC bound. They will find a landing spot and not having Pitt and 'Cuse in the same conference lessens the desire for the 'Eers to stay in the Big East so count them as gone.

Rutgers could be waiting for a B1G invite and UConn might be one of the last two schools into the ACC. Once those schools leave, the Big East is DEAD. I'm now reading that the BE schools are unhappy with the Big East administration.

the ACC needs to do all it can to grab WVU. They're actually a legit football program and a decent bball school.

The ACC is definately now the super duper bball conference.

Guest Bone Crusher

the ACC needs to do all it can to grab WVU. They're actually a legit football program and a decent bball school.

The ACC is definately now the super duper bball conference.

After the SEC accepted Texas A&M, there were reports that the SEC presidents authorized Commissioner Slive to start negotiating with Missouri and West Virginia. Slive said that he could get to 16 teams in 15 minutes...keep that in mind. WVU to the ACC makes a lot of sense since they have history with Maryland and Virginia Tech plus two of their rivals are already on the way to the ACC. They might just be having a difficult time deciding which conference to join at the moment. :lol: Time to visit their message board which is named after the art of burning couches.

Guest West Coast

oh btw I have no idea where to post this, so I'll post this here since this has conference realignment implications.

But I'm already rooting for OU over FSU b/c they're gonna join the pac 12 haha

amazing. Who would the other two be? KU and Mizzou? Seems to make sense.

I hope we can steal KU instead of Texas Tech though.

Who are the other 3 teams that the SEC plucks away ? Louisville? Bueller? Bueller.....

According to the latest Orangebloods report, Texas has cooled on the ACC because they were rebuffed by wanting to take Tech with them. That means, if Texas agrees to modify its LHN, it will probably demand Tech is their travel partner. Unfortunate for us Jayhawks. There is also the possibility, although very bleak, that Texas and OU decide to kiss and make up and poach the remaining BEast schools who will now be desperate for a home.

The B1G hasn't made one move yet. I think it will stand pat until they can get Notre Dame to jump. They really can't renegotiate their current deal much without Notre Dame or Texas.

Back to being depressed.

WOW

C'mon ACC...take WVU!!

i mean it only makes sense. Pitt and WVU absolutely hate each other!

WVU has two problems with the ACC: their academic reputation and their small market. The SEC is only considering them because at least the small fan base is passionate.

Guest Bone Crusher

According to the latest Orangebloods report, Texas has cooled on the ACC because they were rebuffed by wanting to take Tech with them. That means, if Texas agrees to modify its LHN, it will probably demand Tech is their travel partner. Unfortunate for us Jayhawks. There is also the possibility, although very bleak, that Texas and OU decide to kiss and make up and poach the remaining BEast schools who will now be desperate for a home.

The B1G hasn't made one move yet. I think it will stand pat until they can get Notre Dame to jump. They really can't renegotiate their current deal much without Notre Dame or Texas.

Back to being depressed.

Suppose Louisville and Cincy join the Big 12...that's two solid basketball programs. Maybe the Big 12 can just go after Memphis to get into prime SEC recruiting land plus those Tigers play some mean basketball. This could be enough to have Texas hold the Big 12 together while KU & MU go west with the OK schools. Nothing is set in stone yet except for the 14 team ACC.

Suppose Louisville and Cincy join the Big 12...that's two solid basketball programs. Maybe the Big 12 can just go after Memphis to get into prime SEC recruiting land plus those Tigers play some mean basketball. This could be enough to have Texas hold the Big 12 together while KU & MU go west with the OK schools. Nothing is set in stone yet except for the 14 team ACC.

Well, that works if Texas doesn't relent and go to the PAC. I think it only works until somewhere between 2014-2016 when contracts are coming due. That's most likely when the B1G will make its move so it can freely renegotiate unless it feels like all the prime real estate is going to other conferences.

If Texas doesn't go to the PAC, and the PAC offers KU-MU, I'm sure we jump at it. No sense in waiting to see if the B1G will ask. If the ACC aggressively goes after two other schools, it will probably prompt a reaction from the SEC. West Virginia, Missouri, TCU would all be likely targets. B1G has talked about Rutgers in the past, but I just don't see it. I just think that if east coast sports fans really watch something, they watch basketball, not football. I don't think New Yorkers will cough up extra money to watch Rutgers get pounded by B1G teams. It then becomes a question if they think they can let KU-MU sit there for a while, or if the SEC will get them before they make their move.

It might work out, I just can't see it at this point.

One of the few things that people generally view as truth regarding Texas is their desire to be associated with quality academic universities (hence why you only hear them talking with the ACC, Big-10 and Pac-12) so that would be a pretty big pill for Texas to swallow.

Guest Bone Crusher

One of the few things that people generally view as truth regarding Texas is their desire to be associated with quality academic universities (hence why you only hear them talking with the ACC, Big-10 and Pac-12) so that would be a pretty big pill for Texas to swallow.

If UT doesn't go to the Pac, that leaves the B1G as the remaining option. There is rumor that UT and Norte Dame would join the B1G in '14.

We will know where UT is going sooner than later.

Guest West Coast

If UT doesn't go to the Pac, that leaves the B1G as the remaining option. There is rumor that UT and Norte Dame would join the B1G in '14.

We will know where UT is going sooner than later.

jesus. if UT and ND both go to the B1G...wow. Football power conference supreme

p.s. Dillon Baxter pisses me off.

Guest Bone Crusher

Pac 12 needs to take OU and OSU....we can't be left behind. Pitt and the Cuse to ACC makes them all around better esp bball

We need to go after KU and MU too.

Guest sundevils

I agree. I'd rather have Texas as much as I hate them but they provide access to better recruiting. All I know is we can't stay at 12 as much as I'd like.

From my personal and selfish point of view, Larry Scott needs to tell OU and Texas strait up:

"Look, our strength as a conference is limited by geography and market share. OSU and Texas Tech don't help, they drain. We're not taking the LHN. We're going to put you and OU in one network and KU and MU in another, pool the resources and make more money than any other scenario that is out there. Everything else is second best, I don't want second best!"

If ABC and ESPN are serious that they don't value the Big XII contract without A&M, Scott is in a position to demand whatever he wants.

Kansas would say yes but who knows about Missouri.

I'm curious as to what Texas Tech is thinking right now as for about the last month they are basically the only Big-12 school which hasn't said anything.

Archived