Big East on brink of implosion?

Guest bendsinister

Kansas would say yes but who knows about Missouri.

I'm curious as to what Texas Tech is thinking right now as for about the last month they are basically the only Big-12 school which hasn't said anything.

Missouri isn't assured of anything quite yet and if a solid offer from the PAC came their way, they wouldn't hesitate unless they had some sort of assurance from the B1G.

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said Saturday night grabbing Syracuse and Pittsburgh away from the Big East would be a major coup.

"It's actually pretty exciting," Krzyzewski said. "I think it's great for our conference football-wise, even better basketball-wise. Wherever this is going to end up, four big-time conferences or five, whatever it is, you want to be perceived as No. 1 in football and basketball.

You see that Larry Scott? Don't settle for second best. Get the four big state schools and claim the land and major markets west of the Mississippi as PAC land, so hands off!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest West Coast

From my personal and selfish point of view, Larry Scott needs to tell OU and Texas strait up:

"Look, our strength as a conference is limited by geography and market share. OSU and Texas Tech don't help, they drain. We're not taking the LHN. We're going to put you and OU in one network and KU and MU in another, pool the resources and make more money than any other scenario that is out there. Everything else is second best, I don't want second best!"

If ABC and ESPN are serious that they don't value the Big XII contract without A&M, Scott is in a position to demand whatever he wants.

i can totally see UT giving TTech the deuces out. But I can't see OU doing that

Archived