The Pac 12 and Big 10 nailed this. Great article. SEC/ACC/Big12 in for a rude awakening.

halfmanhalfbronco

https://www.si.com/college/2020/08/12/ncaa-football-divide-big-ten-pac-12-sec-big-12

“Whatever conference(s) decides to play football this fall will be taking a ridiculously high risk they may soon regret. I know and have talked with some of the best plaintiff’s lawyers in the country this week, and they’re praying the SEC, Big 12 and/or the ACC are greedy enough to stay the course. If things go sideways, the plaintiff’s Bar will immediately get their hands on the internal financial analyses of the schools (a FOIA layup), get the conference financials through the discovery process, and then just stand in front of the jurors and point to the conferences that decided not to risk the health of their student-athletes. Good Lord, I’d hate to be the lawyers defending those cases.”

These are the guys and girls who have taken down giants that make the SEC look like small fries.  These are the lawyers that will have Clem, the Bama fan on the jury convinced he should never watch football again.

The other P5's are so screwed if they have a season.  And when it all collapses the Pac12 can point to recruits and tell their moms "hey, look, I know he has an offer from BLANK but unlike them we do not see your kid as our ATM".

Archived