Where's there's smoke...UO uh oh...

Guest ERock

Guest RogueDuck

If the kid never saw the field would they forfeit games from that year? Did they make SC forfeit all the game Bush played in? And yes $25k seems like a lot for info when ESPN says lots of schools pay $5k a year for the info. It will be interesting what the NCAA finds (if anything) when they investigate this guy though.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SoCalFan80

If the kid never saw the field would they forfeit games from that year? Did they make SC forfeit all the game Bush played in? And yes $25k seems like a lot for info when ESPN says lots of schools pay $5k a year for the info. It will be interesting what the NCAA finds (if anything) when they investigate this guy though.

Lache didn't see the field but Cliff Harris and LaMichael James sure did.

Guest SoCalFan80

These two statements from the ESPN article could be damaging and prompt investigation:

"But a person who once worked with Lyles said the $25,000 payment exceeded the $16,500 Oregon paid the recruiting service for its work during the previous two years. The source said Lyles' affiliation with the recruiting service had been terminated prior to Lyles billing Oregon on his own."

and

"The NCAA, sources said, also is examining Lyles' relationship with Ducks star tailback LaMichael James, who last season was a Heisman Trophy finalist and the country's leading rusher with 1,731 yards. James, a rising junior from Texarkana, Texas, helped lead the Ducks to a 12-1 record last season, including a 22-19 loss to Auburn in the Tostitos BCS National Championship Game.

In December, Lyles was James' guest at the ESPNU Home Depot College Football Awards Show in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Lyles described himself as James' trainer and advisor. "

What's Harris got to do with this? He was never associated with this guy?

Actually I think Cliff Harris has been mentioned...

Guest SoCalFan80

What's Harris got to do with this? He was never associated with this guy?

Involvement with the other party in this matter, Flenory.

"According to State of Oregon expenditure records, the university paid $25,000 to Will Lyles of Complete Scouting Services in Houston, and $3,745 to Baron Flenory of New Level Athletics. Lyles is a former athletic trainer who recently was serving as a mentor to highly touted Ducks running back recruit Lache Seastrunk. Meanwhile, Flenory runs the Badger Sports Elite 7-on-7 football camps which have featured several celebrated Ducks signees including running back DeAnthony Thomas, defensive back Cliff Harris, defensive back Dior Mathis and wideout Tacoi Sumler. Flenory had a personal training relationship with recent Ducks signee Anthony Wallace." -Rivals.com

Guest RogueDuck

Hmm, now I'm wondering if ESPN and Yahoo aren't just trying to make UO look bad because from what I see on this guys website, we paid his price, the same as everyone else.

completescouting.com, and the price list I was found stated these prices: JUCO athletes sold State film packages for 3K, regional (regions available: West, southwest, southeast, northeast, and mid-west) packages for 5K, and national packages for 15K.

I would assume the price for HS is the same as for JUCO's.

UO buys the National package for high school and the West, and Mid-west JUCO packages.(we signed a midwest JUCO DL so I assume we bought that package)

15k + 5k +5k = 25k

You make your own conclusion if we payed to much for this service, or at leas more than others are paying. :roll:

Check it out for yourself but if this guy has a price list on his site UO is not the only school purchasing this stuff from him.

Also Bruce Feldman just tweeted that he talked to some coaches that told him some of these services charge $40k for their info, but most are around $15k a year.

On a personal not I'm in the wrong business, I should hold some camps and sell the info to big time schools. :huh:

Guest ERock

On a personal not I'm in the wrong business, I should hold some camps and sell the info to big time schools. :huh:

You and me both Rogue! Let's start a recruiting service. I think with the info we can gather on the net we can do a better job than most people. I'll steal video from YouTube and call it ours and then we can steal write ups from someone else and sell it as out own...LOL!

So SO Cal you really believe none of SC's recruits went to his camps or are associated with him?

SC has kids that camp all over the country...

The higher profile or star rating a kid has, chances are they went camping. But that is besides the point. Rogue you got to believe the NCAA is in your backyard for a reason. I just watched an interview with Seastrunk, and he has major regrets about committing to Oregon and not going to Auburn (with out directly saying it). The whole thing is a little weird..

But, innocent until proven guilty....

AC - I'm tellin' you...the blonde on the right in your sig!!! :wub:

I'm telling you, the one on the left looks NASTY in a very good way! B)

FYI, I've read a lot of rumors today involving Oregon...

One that stood out, but seemed a little outlandish. But it also struck me as big business and money rules all. Apparently there are rumors that SI was set to put out an article and some juicy dirt on Oregon until Nike got involved and threatened to pull all of their advertising from SI. Needless to say, SI backed away from publishing the article...

Has anybody else heard this?

Guest RogueDuck

Cliff was brought up because he played in a 7 on 7 tourney that Barron was associated with, which is what I was responding to AC. Tj McDonald played on Harris 7 on 7 team, should his name start being thrown around? No I didn't think so. My personal feeling is UO is getting dragged out first because our state has a law that allows anyone access to our AD's records, so UO was an easy target to get started with. These agents aren't in business just because of UO, this will involve a ton of teams throughout the NCAA. If I was a fan of another team, I would probably hold my criticism until the NCAA gets done with these agents. I know the one agent we payed $25k to has been linked to SC and had pictures where Pete was at his camp.

Guest ERock

FYI, I've read a lot of rumors today involving Oregon...

One that stood out, but seemed a little outlandish. But it also struck me as big business and money rules all. Apparently there are rumors that SI was set to put out an article and some juicy dirt on Oregon until Nike got involved and threatened to pull all of their advertising from SI. Needless to say, SI backed away from publishing the article...

Has anybody else heard this?

Didn't I mention something about Nike and Oregon before? I was telling you guys that people were going to look deeper into the relationship of Nike and UO.

Cliff was brought up because he played in a 7 on 7 tourney that Barron was associated with, which is what I was responding to AC. Tj McDonald played on Harris 7 on 7 team, should his name start being thrown around? No I didn't think so. My personal feeling is UO is getting dragged out first because our state has a law that allows anyone access to our AD's records, so UO was an easy target to get started with. These agents aren't in business just because of UO, this will involve a ton of teams throughout the NCAA. If I was a fan of another team, I would probably hold my criticism until the NCAA gets done with these agents. I know the one agent we payed $25k to has been linked to SC and had pictures where Pete was at his camp.

Who's criticizing? I saw Cliff Harris' name come a couple of times today, and I just posted it. I already said kids camp all over the place. If you add everything up, Cowherd's prediction, DT's back tracking, street agents, the Nike rumors it just doesn't look good. Hey man, SC fans have been down this road. And even if UO is cleared (or even convicted on weak evidence), its always going to be there. The investigation might end, but the opposing fans will never let you forget. Trust me it sucks, but thats how it is (real talk, not critisism)...

AC where did you see those rumors about SI pulling the story because of Nike?

Ah shoot, you would ask...

Its hard to say after reading so much crap today! But I'm pretty sure it was on Scout some where...

Archived