Where's there's smoke...UO uh oh...

Guest ERock

Guest RogueDuck

Actually those "custom kicks" are slippers. I have a pair they are $9.99, the 12-0 shirt went to $5 the day after the BCS game, and the jacket can be bought at the UO bookstore for around $150. So he spent less than $175 with the socks, is that a lot? Not really, and no where near $350 these so called journalist are saying. What I can't figure out is why of all the fans around is it that SC fans seem to be so bitter towards UO?

I've visited SC sites over the years, and from what I saw you guys had very little post from UO fans unless we had a game that week, and maybe 1-2 stating anything about investigations. It was Cal and UCLA fans who bombarded you, but on each of our sites it's not UW and OS fans (who I would think would be all over this) it's SC fans. Never knew you guys where so bitter.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually those "custom kicks" are slippers. I have a pair they are $9.99, the 12-0 shirt went to $5 the day after the BCS game, and the jacket can be bought at the UO bookstore for around $150. So he spent less than $175 with the socks, is that a lot? Not really, and no where near $350 these so called journalist are saying. What I can't figure out is why of all the fans around is it that SC fans seem to be so bitter towards UO?

I've visited SC sites over the years, and from what I saw you guys had very little post from UO fans unless we had a game that week, and maybe 1-2 stating anything about investigations. It was Cal and UCLA fans who bombarded you, but on each of our sites it's not UW and OS fans (who I would think would be all over this) it's SC fans. Never knew you guys where so bitter.

Actually, Duck trolls have really multiplied over the last two years. They are definitely in the top 3-4 as far as trolling goes. But its cool. To be honest, its March. Their isn't much to talk about as far as football goes. And I don't think I have posted anything with an ounce of bitterness. Maybe the occasional ribbing, that goes both ways. Almost everything that has been posted on this thread is directly related to the current events....

Guest MrBug708

Snoop's kid probably bought it for DT anyways

Guest RogueDuck

I'm not singling you out at all AC, and infact I never though you said anything over the line at all. I was just pointing out how bombarded our sites seem to be with a majority of them being SC fans. I never have thought of SC as a rival, or a school I really cared about outside of the 1 week a year we play in football. Outside of that I root for the teams like SC, UCLA, Ford, Cal, ASU and WSU when they play OOC hell I even root for OS in OOC games. I know for a fact I never spent 2 seconds putting down SC over the Bush thing, as far as I'm concerned it's his parents who should be punished but the NCAA can't touch them, but that's another subject.

Guest Captain Compete

I'm sure nothing will come of this. For 25k you can get national recruiting info from Lyle's. It's stated right on his website.

http://completescouting.com/

It's called his "National" package.

Do I think something shady is going on at Oregon, Of course I do. But the real question is can someone prove it.......

Guest nakedmolerat

Wow. This story seems to be gaining some traction. Initially I thought that this would be 'swept under the rug' for lack of a better term and oregon would get a wrist slap. The more details that are brought forward, the more that oregon and their fans should start to worry I think. It's unfortunate too, because if there are penalties of the severe kind, that leaves 2 teams in the PAC with sanctions and the whole conference looks bad. How long until the SEC starts calling the PAC the conference of cheaters. The hypocricy, it burns.

A few interesting stories from local writers:

When it comes to the NCAA, this isn’t so much about hammering Oregon. The Ducks have simply provided the opening the NCAA has been waiting for: the chance to send a message about the expanding influence of street agents in football recruiting.

Article

What a shame that the NCAA would use oregon as their example instead of the myriad SEC infractions of exactly the same sort. I love the SEC honks that say "Auburn didn't do anything wrong... is was MSU that offered the $180k." You expect me to believe he chose Auburn over MSU for free? I don't believe that as far as I can throw it. My guess- he got at least $200k. Some how those churches were able to be fixed...

Lyles slapped up a "2011 national package" on his website with a convenient $25,000 price tag on Friday. It didn't exist on the website 24 hours earlier. Athletic director Rob Mullens issued a statement, too, reiterating that Oregon believes it didn't break NCAA rules and would cooperate with investigators. And Kelly told at least one person that the program needed to get away from Lyles -- fast.
Oregon wants desperately to be a big-time football program. It wants big-dollar television games. It wants top recruits. It wants the best facilities. It wants to be in the discussion. But the leap from wanting that to realizing that doesn't come from copying the mannerisms and habits of other troubled big-time programs as if the Ducks were Little Leaguers, stepping in and out of a batter's box, adjusting their batting gloves, pretending to chew tobacco.

Capitalization of 'oregon' is his- not mine. :P

Article

It's just starting to appear more and more fishy. Claims of website editing after the fact, chipster knowing about it and warning against it, and claims of despereately wanting to hang with the big dogs (both in clout and cheating ability, I guess) make for what might end up an interesting NCAA probe.

I hope I'm wrong for the conference's sake.

RAT

Guest Troylegend2000

Thank you Phil knight. I wear a size XL in Shirts and Jackets (46 L), a Size 12 in shoes, your Nike pants suck, so I won't need any of those. On the other hand, I do like some of your shorts, size 35 (exactly) please.

Archived