Where's there's smoke...UO uh oh...

Guest ERock

Ah shoot, you would ask...

Its hard to say after reading so much crap today! But I'm pretty sure it was on Scout some where...

Ya, I just did a little checking...

And it was a U-Dub fan talking about it on scout. Like I said it was just a rumor, and I was hoping somebody saw something on another site to some what confirm that its out there and not just someone making it up...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha Dux. If we are paying for recruits, who do we have to pay to get some DT's? :lol:

Seriously Rogue, and what the hell is Lache doing redshirting. We paid for talent, not bench warming. We should get some kind of proration for that crap.

Here is the company that Lyeles worked for until he struck out on his own a year ago. The reason I post this is because he actually puts his clients on his home page. It looks like some of your schools are listed as clients who use his recruiting services.

http://elitescouting...http://elitescoutingservices.com/clients/

Some of those teams on that list should ask for a refund.

$25,000-$30,000 for "info?" What kind of info were they trying to find for that amount? Don't be naive there Duck. I think the info that cost them that much was how can you get these kids to Oregon because we are tired of getting our assess kicked by SC.

Dude, SC hasn't won a football game in this state since 2005 and that includes the Beavers as well. The recruits in question were like.....12.

Guest nakedmolerat

...Nike and Oregon...

Wait... Nike and oregon have a relationship? ;)

In all seriousness, let's take oregon out of the equation here, and drop in a team like, say, Illinois. Is this as big of a story? Nah. It probably won't go anywhere. I will gladly eat crow if I turn out to be wrong. And I mean gladly. And, I will go back for seconds and even thirds, because I have an appetite like that. This is blowing up because they had so much success the last few years, right around the time that chipster arrived and the elite recruits from all over the country started rolling in. Draw your own conclusions... Me, I say success begats success.

If the rumor of Nike persuading SI to not run an article (which I have a hard time beleiveing since they surely have plenty of other advertisers waiting to fill pages) then I don't think SI would be quick to let that info out. There would be all kinds of NDA's signed because their credibility as a news source would be shot if just one of their many advertisers can persuade potentially huge stories with national interest from running in their publications. If they can persuade SI, an orginization I've never heard be called corrupt, how easily will they be able to persuade the NCAA, which I hear called corrupt nearly daily on this board alone.

I will sit back and watch this unfold. I've vaccuum sealed a helping of crow for when that time comes. Perhaps. If oregon comes out unscathed from this, the arrogance will be on a whole other level at that point too.

:rolleyes:

RAT

Guest Bone Crusher

Let me throw in a firecracker here...ESPN.com did request information under Oregon's open records law which UO was forced to provide them with that information. Now this is in the middle of ongoing negogations with Fox Sports (will be re-named Root Sports in some Pac-12 cities especially Denver and SLC). Maybe Larry Scott has decided on Fox Sports and ESPN is just showing their displeasure...ESPN is dirty.

Guest MrBug708

Dude, SC hasn't won a football game in this state since 2005 and that includes the Beavers as well. The recruits in question were like.....12.

I would cut them some slack. It's been a while since USC wasn't the team under investigation so they are soaking it in while they can :)

Guest Bone Crusher

I would cut them some slack. It's been a while since USC wasn't the team under investigation so they are soaking it in while they can :)

ZING!

In all seriousness, let's take oregon out of the equation here, and drop in a team like, say, Illinois. Is this as big of a story? Nah. It probably won't go anywhere. I will gladly eat crow if I turn out to be wrong. And I mean gladly. And, I will go back for seconds and even thirds, because I have an appetite like that. This is blowing up because they had so much success the last few years, right around the time that chipster arrived and the elite recruits from all over the country started rolling in. Draw your own conclusions... Me, I say success begats success.

If the rumor of Nike persuading SI to not run an article (which I have a hard time beleiveing since they surely have plenty of other advertisers waiting to fill pages) then I don't think SI would be quick to let that info out. There would be all kinds of NDA's signed because their credibility as a news source would be shot if just one of their many advertisers can persuade potentially huge stories with national interest from running in their publications. If they can persuade SI, an orginization I've never heard be called corrupt, how easily will they be able to persuade the NCAA, which I hear called corrupt nearly daily on this board alone.

I will sit back and watch this unfold. I've vaccuum sealed a helping of crow for when that time comes. Perhaps. If oregon comes out unscathed from this, the arrogance will be on a whole other level at that point too.

RAT

Quit being so damn rational RAT. It really blows my whole view of beaver nation out of whack and I prefer to live in my bubble.

Guest nakedmolerat

Quit being so damn rational RAT. It really blows my whole view of beaver nation out of whack and I prefer to live in my bubble.

Helping the reputation of Beaver fans one post at a time.

And... same to you regarding your view of the ducks. (I still refuse to capitalize the name though).

RAT

Or maybe we are the most versed with these types of situations, and we are just trying to help our Duck friends from the north through these most difficult times! ;)

RAT

I don't know RAT...

It's not like either Tennessee or North Carolina have really been lighting up the grid-iron the last few years...

Guest SoCalFan80

And I know this makes you guys in Eugene feel great because beating SC is better than winning a championship or even a bowl game for that matter. Like UCLA, your season is made when you beat SC.

As for this scandal/investigation/rumors about UO, it wouldn't be brought up if something wasn't right. Explain to me how UO had no Top 150 players signed in 2006, 1 in 2007, 1 in 2008, and then 5 in 2009 and 5 in 2010. Overnight success at it's finest.

Guest ERock

Here's some other interesting information about DeAnthony Thomas. It sounds like he was questioned by the NCAA about UO and not USC. I don't know how credible this guy is but there's just too much stuff coming out. Also, watch the video in the article. It's Snoop Dogg's son talking about how he wants to go to Oregon.

Mamba

Guest SoCalFan80

Here's some other interesting information about DeAnthony Thomas. It sounds like he was questioned by the NCAA about UO and not USC. I don't know how credible this guy is but there's just too much stuff coming out. Also, watch the video in the article. It's Snoop Dogg's son talking about how he wants to go to Oregon.

Mamba

I saw today that DT was asked about all the Oregon apparel he came back to L.A. with (estimated at $350) that appeared in photos at LAX with Snoop's son Cordell. In the photos he apparently had on custom Nike kicks, Oregon shirt and Oregon jacket. According to bylaws written by the NCAA regarding recruiting no recruit shall be provided free or discounted clothing, shoes/cleats, or equipment.

Archived