Music

KUGRDON

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

This might be impossible for you to wrap your mind around, but I didn’t hate my mother or John Lennon Because of their political views.  \_(ツ)_/¯ 

Yeah, I get it, you want to continue to be a cute troll even well into your 70s, but there's a difference between not "hating" someone and promoting and disseminating a song that glorifies atheism/communism while your own political views are entrenched in late-stage capitalism, racism, neo-liberalism and nationalism.

"Imagine there's no heaven"

Don: But where would the murdered fetuses go??

1.  It’s a song;

2.  She’s your Mom;

3.  I play video games where people get slaughtered;

4.  If you don’t like pickles you can take them off a burger without throwing the burger away;

5.  People don’t actually live in the simple boxes you’ve created to help you navigate a complicated world;

6.  You’re nuttier than a squirrel turd.

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

1.  It’s a song;

Nothing is EVER just a song; it's an expression of an idea, and it's hilarious that maybe THE most anti-john lennon person here is posting a John Lennon video.

2.  She’s your Mom;

Dude, your obsession with my mom is creepy.  If I give you her number will you just ask her out and stop bringing her up?  You both totally deny science and logic and reason, you're perfect for each other. 

3.  I play video games where people get slaughtered;

We've already established that you have an infantile mindset in a shriveled, boomer body.

4.  If you don’t like pickles you can take them off a burger without throwing the burger away;

No fucking clue what the fuck this is referring to.

5.  People don’t actually live in the simple boxes you’ve created to help you navigate a complicated world;

Says the guy who thinks Obama singlehandedly killed the Newtown kids because he couldn't convince Republicans YOU voted for to defy the NRA.

6.  You’re nuttier than a squirrel turd.

They actually digest the nuts and their scat has no nuts in them:
https://animalhype.com/mammals/squirrel-poop/

What-does-squirrel-poop-look-like.png

On 12/9/2020 at 12:24 PM, Orange said:

Here are Don and his buddies pre-Funking for Lilith Fair

Lol, my god that is awful.  And great.

if they only had any idea what rage stood for.

That said, in a sense I agree with Don (maybe).  I can separate an artists political beliefs and still enjoy their art.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:39 AM, CRBuff said:

Lol, my god that is awful.  And great.

if they only had any idea what rage stood for.

That said, in a sense I agree with Don (maybe).  I can separate an artists political beliefs and still enjoy their art.

Depends on the artist.

Sure, we can all separate Sting from his political beliefs and Imagine Dragons from theirs.

If you're separating John Lennon and Rage Against The Machine from their political beliefs, you're REALLY missing the goddamned point, tho.

One can appreciate an artistic and eloquent message that one does not agree with. I could appreciate an Obama speech where I disagreed with nearly every word.  It’s not hard, it’s called normal.

it is absolutely normal to hear an eloquent and thoughtful message that embodies the beliefs, hopes and dreams of millions of people and feel the inspiration even if it’s naive or misinformed or, in some cases evil.  If you can’t understand and appreciate what someone with different beliefs feels and thinks, it makes it difficult to have normal relationships.  You know all about that.

As for Imagine, I can certainly appreciate the evil and injustice that has and does flow from government and religion.  I also know that evil and injustice have been generated by atheism and anarchy.  I can appreciate Lennon’s thoughts while thinking it’s more productive to strive for the perfection of those institutions than to imagine them away.  I can do all of that with Imagine playing in the background because it’s a beautiful song.

2 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

One can appreciate an artistic and eloquent message that one does not agree with. I could appreciate an Obama speech where I disagreed with nearly every word.  It’s not hard, it’s called normal.

it is absolutely normal to hear an eloquent and thoughtful message that embodies the beliefs, hopes and dreams of millions of people and feel the inspiration even if it’s naive or misinformed or, in some cases evil.  If you can’t understand and appreciate what someone with different beliefs feels and thinks, it makes it difficult to have normal relationships.  You know all about that.

As for Imagine, I can certainly appreciate the evil and injustice that has and does flow from government and religion.  I also know that evil and injustice have been generated by atheism and anarchy.  I can appreciate Lennon’s thoughts while thinking it’s more productive to strive for the perfection of those institutions than to imagine them away.  I can do all of that with Imagine playing in the background because it’s a beautiful song.

A speech and a song have nothing to do with each other.  You're a weirdo.

"Evil generated by atheism"?

yeah, the "evil" generated by non-stamp-collecting has really pissed me off, too.  

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Listen to whatever the fuck you want to when you're sitting alone in your house, waiting to die.  But if you want to post a tribute to the soulful, pro-communist utopia musing of John Lennon on the same forum where you actively lobby for hatred, racism, xenophobia, religious bigotry, and violence against the poor, expect someone to call you out.

Archived