OU bs Houston

Chad Sexington

9 hours ago, utenation said:

I guess it depends on which “ experts”you are listening too. You seem like they cherry picking type to add to your agenda. Plenty of national love for Utah.   Btw, I’m sure you were one of the idiots that said Utah had no chance against Bama in the sugar bowl If you were even more than a stain gone wrong on your parent’s mattress. Lol at OU by 21.  

You’ve been talking a lot of shit on this board. Trolling in fact. Something tells me you’re going to fade like a fart in the wind if your “predictions” fall apart. 

Wow.  You have to go back 12 years to proclaim glory.

No.  I didn't expect BAMA to beat Utah in that game, although I expected them to play better.  BAMA was young that year and not as ready as many expected.

As for the "experts" I've been listening too …. Pretty much all across the country on radio shows, ESPN, internet, etc.

And "yes" there is a love of love for Utah this year.  I, myself, have even said they were the team to beat in the PAC12.  But that does not mean that they are as good as Oklahoma (or BAMA, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State and a few others).  I think Utah is a 10-2 team that will be the PAC12 runner up, play in a decent bowl game and finish in the Top-15 to Top-20.  HOWEVER, if they were in any other conference than the PAC12, I think they would be an 8-win team at best.  As it is, they really only have one strong opponent on their schedule, and that is Washington.  In other conferences, they would have more such opponents.

And I will be here all year.  Thus far, I've been correct on all of my predictions.  But I'm sure I will miss a few.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mano said:

I doubt a real Bama fan would be wasting their time trying to troll a Pac 12 board with a dozen active members, and I doubt they would be praising Oklahoma.

I didn't come on here to "troll".  I came on here to talk CFB.  But because my thoughts and views are not "glowing" about the PAC12, then I'm considered a troll.  I'm just trying to give you guys a dose of reality.  The PAC12 complains about game times, and several other things, as the basis as to why they seem to get left out of the playoffs.  The reality is, the PAC12 - as a whole - is lacking in overall talent and quality of play, in comparison to other conferences.  But PAC12 fans can't seem to realize that, nor believe it.  Until PAC12 fans realize this to be true, the PAC12 won't improve to the level of other conferences.

Case in point:  The opinion that Utah is bigger, better and faster than Oklahoma.  I can show you five years of recruiting rankings that demonstrate that OU has consistently brought in Top-10 recruiting classes, compared to Utah's Top-90 recruiting classes.  The talent disparity is significant.  And if you don't think Oklahoma is a legitimate threat, then you're kidding yourself.  Can they beat BAMA - yes.  Do I expect them to beat BAMA - no.  Are they better than Utah - absolutely.  Can Utah beat OU - on a given day, but 99 times out of a 100, no.

9 hours ago, azgreg said:

Your posting history paints a different picture.

My posting history said that Arizona, UCLA and Oregon State would lose last weekend.  It also said that Northwestern would give Stanford a good game and the Fresno State would push USC.

So far, my posting history has been correct.

This week Colorado, USC and Oregon State will lose (in my predictions).  And UCLA is not a sure bet to get past San Diego State.  I wouldn't be surprised at an upset in that game.

7 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

The fact is that one game has been played thus far. OU is what they always are, destined to fall short. Elevated by playing defenseless teams and their scatter ball style. 

The difference for Utah this year is that we have a convergence taking place, a perfect storm of sorts. 

Utes have all world speed in the defensive backfield (anomalous), decent hands with receivers and the usual mass kicks ass lines. Do yourself a favor and Google Javelin Guidry, Jaylon Johnson, Jaylen Dixon. This is where Utes have been deficient in the past. 

Utahs coaching ... blah blah blah. 

You're a Bama who hangs out on mwc and PAC12 boards. You’re full of shit. 

Watch the zoobs finish with 8+ wins. 

Watch Houston struggle to even show in the cusa2.0.

OU might hang with the Utes, but we’d kick the shit out of em and win. 

You're delusional.

And in the "one game" comparison, OU is vastly superior.

Do yourself a favor and research the last five years of recruiting rankings, where OU is consistently in the Top-15, while Utah is consistently in the Top-90.  Those rankings, in an of themselves, demonstrate that OU has accumulated a deeper pool of talent, speed and size, than Utah.  And there's definitely a correlation to the top teams in the country, with the recruiting rankings.

Utah has some good players (as the ones you mention), but they don't have enough of those players, and they don't have the depth of OU.

BYU at 8+ wins?  They only play four PW5 opponents all season (Utah, Tennessee, USC and Washington …. They will lose three of those games).  To win eight, they would have to be 7-1 for the remainder of the year.  Outside of those four games, they play these G5 opponents:  Toledo, USF, Boise State, Utah State, Liberty, UMASS and SDSU.  They also play FCS Idaho State.

They will lose to Boise State, Utah State, USF, maybe Toledo, and maybe SDSU.

At best, they win 6 games, against a schedule that is loaded with G5 opponents.  Give them 8+ PW5 opponents and they win, perhaps, 3 (with the FCS opponent included) …. They're not a strong team.

Houston isn't in CUSA (you're showing your lack of CFB knowledge).  They are in the American Conference with UCF, Cincinnati, Memphis and USF.  You saw what Cincy did to UCLA.  Those four teams could beat several PAC12 teams (UCLA, AZ, ASU, Colorado, Oregon State, Cal, Wazzu, maybe USC, and probably Stanford (we will see in a couple of weeks when Stanford travels to play UCF - I think UCF will win).  Houston will beat Wazzu.

You’re thick between your ears. 

Utes are bigger than Sooners across both lines, two deep. 

Utes are faster than Sooners in the defensive backfield and on the offensive edges. 

Utes have the better tailback, two deep. 

Vegas Odds “poll” has Utah tied with LSU at #7, eight points behind OU at #4.

if you don’t believe what I’m saying, save your dirty sanchez breath and look it up. 

10 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

You’re thick between your ears. 

Utes are bigger than Sooners across both lines, two deep. 

Utes are faster than Sooners in the defensive backfield and on the offensive edges. 

Utes have the better tailback, two deep. 

Vegas Odds “poll” has Utah tied with LSU at #7, eight points behind OU at #4.

if you don’t believe what I’m saying, save your dirty sanchez breath and look it up. 

Vega Odds are simply another opinion poll, and as you've stated, opinions are not facts.  The difference, is their polls are designed to entice people to place wagers.

Well …. Let the season will play out and we will see.  We simply have to agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, HLB said:

Vega Odds are simply another opinion poll, and as you've stated, opinions are not facts.  The difference, is their polls are designed to entice people to place wagers.

Well …. Let the season will play out and we will see.  We simply have to agree to disagree.

Don’t play reasonable fan now. You’re in too deep. 

1 hour ago, Chad Sexington said:

Don’t play reasonable fan now. You’re in too deep. 

I've been reasonable all along.  You just can't handle someone having an opinion/thought or perspective that is different than yours.  From the moment I said that OU was a better team, you began issuing profanity laced statements, calling me names, and making vulgar comments.  And now you want to blame me.  Even other posters referenced that you might be drinking, given your comments.

• 3 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:36 PM, HLB said:

"Utah is measurably bigger and faster than OU. That’s not in dispute"

That is highly disputable …. OU is a legitimate playoff contender.  Utah is not. 

@Chad Sexington …. Like I said on 9/1/209:  OU is a legitimate playoff contender.  Utah is not.

48 minutes ago, HLB said:

@Chad Sexington …. Like I said on 9/1/209:  OU is a legitimate playoff contender.  Utah is not.

Just fuck off. I don’t care about your opinions. I don’t care about your pedantic rants. I don’t care about your attitude toward this conference. Oklahoma is going to get slaughtered. Both Utah and Oregon are better than OU. Just fuck off. Nobody needs your 14 responses to every post. Go outside do other things. Do anything. Just fuck off. 

Archived