2020 MLB

glduck

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

I love when people pull up random stats like no other SS has hit HR's in three straight games at Dodger stadium. Jose Offerman, Ozzie Smith, and Rafael Furcal didn't do it? I'm stunned!

On the other note, was a really good series. Was really rooting for Kershaw to get the game winning pinch hit.

To be clear, three straight days, not games.

19 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Are there HRs on non-game days?

You can have an off day between games and get a HR in 3 straight games but fail to get a HR on three straight days.  Seems obvious.

But yes, it is a weird and meaningless stat that someone tossed out on Twitter.  One of the fun things about baseball.

M’s lost their second series of the year this week, and are in danger of their first sweep. 26th in team BA and inexplicably 3rd in team BA with RISP is a funky and, apparently, not sustainable statistic.

Still, over .500 despite playing baseball’s most difficult schedule in April. Reinforcements are on the way. All is not lost.

cockcroft_tristan.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Tristan H. Cockcroft ESPN Senior Writer 

Fernando Tatis Jr. has now been an active member of the Padres' roster for 162 career regular-season games. His 162-game line (played 160): .297/.370/.587, 46 HR, 109 RBI, 31 SB, 128 R.

1.5 out

On 4/25/2021 at 8:21 PM, KUGRDON said:

I haven’t given it as much thought as you.  What is the record in the sixth man starts?  Something to watch.

LJay Newsome, filling in for Nick Margevicius, filling in for James Paxton, has given up 8 earned in two innings tonight.

What’s scary is that with Marco scheduled to miss his next two starts, we will have to dig even deeper into our not-at-all deep bag of starting pitchers.

Archived