WEEK THREE PREDICTIONS

HLB

On 9/11/2022 at 10:51 AM, HLB said:

Eleven OOC games, where everyone other than California and Colorado play at home.  Five G5 opponents, four P5 opponents and two FCS opponents.  This week's games are not easy to pick.

Winners and score, in BOLD.

South Alabama @ UCLA (34-27)

Cal @ Notre Dame (42-20)

BYU @ Oregon (38-33)

Col State at @ Washington State (48-13)

MIchigan State @ Washington (38-27)

Colorado @ Minnesota (33-17)

Montana State @ Oregon State (37-30)

SDSU @ Utah (52-27)

Fresno State @ USC (58-24)

North Dakota State @ Arizona (37-33)

Eastern Michigan @ Arizona State (41-16)

How did I do:

South Alabama @ UCLA (34-27) .... (32-31, UCLA) Hit!  South Alabama "brought it" as I said they would.  UCLA was fortunate to get the 'W"

Cal @ Notre Dame (42-20) .... (24-17, ND) Hit!  I expected more from ND, who apparently is not overly strong this year.

BYU @ Oregon (38-33) .... (41-20, Oregon) Miss!  I expected more from BYU.  And so long as the opponent isn't BAMA, UGA, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, and USC, Oregon has a chance.

Col State at @ Washington State (48-13) .... (38-7, WAZZU) Hit!  Not a direct hit, but fairly close.  Wazzu v. Oregon will be a good game, next weekend.

MIchigan State @ Washington (38-27) .... (39-28) Miss!  I especially did not see this one coming.  I fully expected more from Michigan State.  And UDUB's QB is big weapon.  Great win for the Huskies.

Colorado @ Minnesota (33-17) .... (49-7, Minnesota) Hit!  And how could I not hit this one.  Anyone, including @Orange could have picked this one .... Move over Arizona, Colorado is the new "worst team" in the PAC12.

Montana State @ Oregon State (37-30) .... (68-28, Oregon State) Hit!  FINALLY, Oregon State is beating teams they should beat, the way they should be beaten.

SDSU @ Utah (52-27) .... (35-7, Utah) Hit!  I think Utah could have scored more, if they wanted to.

Fresno State @ USC (58-24) .... (45-17, USC) Hit!  Fresno State was more competitive than I anticipated, because USC's defense was not as competitive as I expected.  Moving forward, I think Lincoln Riley knows the defense isn't as strong as he would like, but he knows (and expects) his offense to put up a big number.  To beat USC, a team is going to have to score 45-plus.

North Dakota State @ Arizona (37-33) .... (31-28, Arizona) Miss!  Arizona dodged a bullet, and another FCS loss embarrassment.  Perhaps this is the beginning of a new Arizona, who has stepped up from being the worst team in the conference.  NOTE:  I've never seen a HC so excited to beat an FCS opponent.

Eastern Michigan @ Arizona State (41-16) .... (30-21, EMU) Miss!  WOW!  What an embarrassment.  And it's about to get real for AZSTATE, with their conference schedule starting next week.  The only remaining game that I can see AZSTATE winning is Colorado.  Wasn't Herm Edwards supposed to show everyone how to get things done?  I don't know how things work in the PAC12, but if this trend continues and he was in the SEC, he would be 'out' by midseason.

7-4 on the week.  Not as good as I would have liked, but as I said when I made this post, this past weekend's games were not easy to pick.  I'm truly surprise at AZ State, BYU and Michigan State.  ND State was a roll of the dice, but a good roll, nonetheless.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/18/2022 at 7:41 AM, HLB said:

Montana State @ Oregon State (37-30) .... (68-28, Oregon State) Hit!  FINALLY, Oregon State is beating teams they should beat, the way they should be beaten.

Wtf are you on about?  Last year they beat Idaho 42-0. And this isn’t a “hit”; you picked a one-score game, fuckwit.  Beavs ROUTED them by 40.  

Go away.  

On 9/18/2022 at 7:41 AM, HLB said:

7-4 on the week.  Not as good as I would have liked, but as I said when I made this post, this past weekend's games were not easy to pick.  

Literally everyone in the pick 'em thread beat you by at least one.  These were not tough games to pick.

Archived