utah @ oregon

glduck

21 minutes ago, Chile_Ute said:

I can understand the ire of Duck fans given how Carringtons behavior/choices impacted the team.

He came to Utah for a 2nd (or 4th) chance.  He has been given the parameters of behavior that is acceptable and so far has stayed in that zone.  I hope he is successful in making better decisions for his own sake....regardless of being in Ute clothing.   

I see it everyday at work, people needing 2nd-10th chances to right their ship.  At his age it would be horrible to throw this kid's whole life away....he appears to be making the most of this opportunity and knows it is most likely his last shot of going on.

I'm glad he got a shot at Utah.  My issue is with Whittingham not even giving him a symbolic punishment.  I don't think that played well in the locker room, considering the rules posted in the locker room about drugs and DUIs.  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, PapaG said:

I'm glad he got a shot at Utah.  My issue is with Whittingham not even giving him a symbolic punishment.  I don't think that played well in the locker room, considering the rules posted in the locker room about drugs and DUIs.  

Did the DUI happen at Oregon, Utah or in between?

I get what you're saying...KW and Carrington know the score and I haven't head of it being a decisive factor with the team.  Team has issues but I don't see Carrjngton being the tempest.

3 hours ago, row Z said:

Here is the question that comes to mind for me: would the duck fans on here criticizing Carrington for being a bad citizen and letting his team down have booed him if he played for the ducks this season? I suspect not. You are only outraged at his behavior now that he wears a red uniform.

Lots of people never forgave him for failing his drug test, which caused him to miss the Natty.  Without him and Allen (tore acl vs FSU in the rose bowl) our WR just couldn't get out of their own way.  Lots of drops and running the wrong routes.

That said the booing was over the top.  Boo him his first catch or two then call it a day.  He's a still a kid who gave a lot to UO, who just happens to have a big problem with alcohol.  Lots of people have the same problem, I hope he stays clean and has a long NFL career 

20 hours ago, dtd said:

What a stupid f'ing post. He got himself suspended for 6 games, including the natty, when he KNEW they would be drug tested. Then he went and got so drunk that he crashed into a stationary object and had a concerned citizen call the cops. Is it really hard to understand that he failed his team and fans with that selfish behavior? And lmfao and the hypocrite Utah staff for taking him when he's guilty of DUI. 

LMAO.. Some of these Duck fans are taking this way too hard.. My favorite part is how they think Whittingham should punish this guy more for what he did while at Oregon..

What part of being put on a strict set of new rules at Utah do you clowns not understand? He has been spotless...Looks like he didn't need to be punished further..

All the fans booing this kid are a bunch of losers..

Archived