Idiots not named Trump

KUGRDON

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Joe Manchin is an enormous piece of disingenuous shit.  I really can’t hate him enough. This bullshit is indefensible.  Why is he a senator?  Just to do nothing? Because that’s what his meritless arrogance is saying here:

It’s no accident that a state as small as West Virginia has the same number of senators as California or Texas. It goes to the heart of what representative government is all about. The Founding Fathers understood that the challenges facing a rural or small state would always be very different from a more populous state. Designating each state with the same number of senators — regardless of the population — ensured that rural and small states and the Americans who live in them would always have a seat at the table.

The filibuster is a critical tool to protecting that input and our democratic form of government. That is why I have said it before and will say it again to remove any shred of doubt: There is no circumstance in which I will vote to eliminate or weaken the filibuster. The time has come to end these political games, and to usher a new era of bipartisanship where we find common ground on the major policy debates facing our nation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived