Bounty offered for WSU flags at GameDay

Quack 12

K falls is bad.  Anytime you have a lake that big, and it's useless because it's about 5 ft deep everywhere, you know it can't be a good place to be.

This is true. But I'll take 5ft deep water over the smell of Albany.

Any. DAY.

K falls is bad.  Anytime you have a lake that big, and it's useless because it's about 5 ft deep everywhere, you know it can't be a good place to be.

Lake of the Woods is only 23 miles from Klamath Falls, so at least there are great hikes, wakeboarding, fishing, and recreation.  The town itself is a dump; that I agree with.

There's a company that grows and harvests some sort of algae from it. It is a nicer lake the farther away from it you are. When I first lived there, I lived in a rental my company leased right on the lake. I made the mistake of leaving the porch light on one night and it was covered in a two inch thick blanket of midgies. These little green bugs that "bloom" in huge clouds.

http://www.oregonencyclopedia.org/entry/view/klamath_midge/

My drive to work went along the lake and we asked our company to hook up a hose so we could spray the layer of guts off our cars and out of our grills before they baked on in the sun all day. Petrified on there if you didn't get them fresh.

I've lived both in Albany and K falls and I dislike them both but would take Albany any day of the week.

This.

K-falls is an isolated hellhole.  You're 15 minutes from Corvallis in Albany (which, say what you will, is a decent little college town) and a little over an hour from Portland.  Not to mention the people in K-Falls versus the people in Albany.  I've got a buddy who's a HS teacher in K-Falls and all they do is bitch about the minorities that they never see.  Deplorable bunch of ignorant, backward racists.  In Albany, it's just old people.

Archived