FCS Trivia

Scscsc89

As I was filling out the spreadsheet for this season's simple ratings (I know, you can't wait) -- I came up with this bit of trivia.

There are 10 FCS school in the same states as Pac-12 schools.  How many can you name without looking it up?

(Hint:   There is at least one in each state.)

Eastern eashington, portland, uc davis

after that it's blank

UC Davis, Eastern Washington, Cal Poly, Northern Arizona, Humboldt State (or are they division 2), Southern Utah, Portland St, Northern Colorado (guess), Weber State (can't remember where this school is located, another guess) 

CO: Northern Colorado

UT: Weber State and Southern Utah.

AZ: Northern Arizona

CA: UC Davis, Sac State, Cal Poly, and UC San Diego.

OR: Portland State

WA: Eastern Washington

All except UC San Diego play in the same conference which is the Big Sky. I hope CU's PAC tenure gets better since it's about as bad as UNC's Big Sky tenure. At least CU and UNC won their conference MBB tourneys at least once.

CO: Northern Colorado

UT: Weber State and Southern Utah.

AZ: Northern Arizona

CA: UC Davis, Sac State, Cal Poly, and UC San Diego.

OR: Portland State

WA: Eastern Washington

All except UC San Diego play in the same conference which is the Big Sky. I hope CU's PAC tenure gets better since it's about as bad as UNC's Big Sky tenure. At least CU and UNC won their conference MBB tourneys at least once.

Cheater. You're the Pete Carroll of this board. (j/k)

Without looking it up; EWU, PSU, Sac St. UC-Davis, Southern Utah, Weber State, NAU, Northern Colorado

Now I'm guessing:

San Diego? It's gotta be in Cali. Humbolt State?

How in the hell did I miss Sac State!?  To be fair, I don't remember much of the rivalry games due to pounding booze pregame. 

Cheater. You're the Pete Carroll of this board. (j/k)

LOL...I almost didn't come up with UC-SD. I did have the advantage of knowing the Big Sky well.

They have both Montana's and North Dakota. Idaho is rejoining the Big Sky in all sports except football.

Isn't Idaho State also in the Big Sky? I used to follow it back in the day when I lived in Portland, and the Viks had the likes of Neil Lomax and June Jones. But PSU dropped to D-II for many years and I've been gone since they came back to the Big Sky. I had no idea Cal Poly was in that league. 

Isn't Idaho State also in the Big Sky? I used to follow it back in the day when I lived in Portland, and the Viks had the likes of Neil Lomax and June Jones. But PSU dropped to D-II for many years and I've been gone since they came back to the Big Sky. I had no idea Cal Poly was in that league. 

You got me...I forgot about them.

I could've sworn that Weber was in Idaho.

... and while we're on a (tangential) subject, what happened to the law where one of the P12 Arizona schools had to play NAU every year?

Weber State is in Odgen, UT.  That's where I'm going to finally taste In N Out on my way to Idaho next week to visit my parents and their new house.

Archived