Life in the South

HLB

Some of you - @Orange @utenation, for example - live in states where African American citizens (black people for those of you in Utah and Oregon) - have a low demographic presence.  In fact, I would say that there are several of you who would encounter more AA citizens in a four-block walk in downtown Atlanta, Charlotte, Memphis, and several other cities, than you've encountered in your entire life.

As a black man, here is a story, with video, that demonstrates what life is like - on a daily basis - in southern cities, as it pertains to black citizens.  It's embarrassing for me, but also a reality.  Many of you don't know what true racism is, nor of the daily criminal acts by black citizens that take place, in even the most civil environments - such as this video and story shows of a new Top Golf location in Memphis, TN, which closed after one month of operation, due to all of the violence by black customers.

Topgolf Memphis Is Already A Mess And Black People Are Mad At Black People For 'Ruining S--t' – OutKick

On 11/29/2023 at 5:12 PM, Orange said:

IMG_5428.jpeg

I think the best part is how he assumes from an anonymous message board that nobody here has been around black people or the South. 

I lived in North Carolina for 6 years.  I’ve been to every southern state on either business or pleasure. Including many times to Memphis, Atlanta and Charlotte. 

One the worst parts of racism is ignorance, which is on full display from the original poster. 

On 11/29/2023 at 8:41 PM, utenation said:

I think the best part is how he assumes from an anonymous message board that nobody here has been around black people or the South. 

I lived in North Carolina for 6 years.  I’ve been to every southern state on either business or pleasure. Including many times to Memphis, Atlanta and Charlotte. 

One the worst parts of racism is ignorance, which is on full display from the original poster. 

First, 10-1 odds he’s actually black.  Almost everything he says, all the time, is a lie.  

Second, blaming an entire race for crimes committed by some members of that race is textbook racism.

Third, saying “I know more about racism” while doing a REAL gross racism is peak telling on yourself.  

On 11/30/2023 at 10:51 AM, Orange said:

First, 10-1 odds he’s actually black.  Almost everything he says, all the time, is a lie.  

Second, blaming an entire race for crimes committed by some members of that race is textbook racism.

Third, saying “I know more about racism” while doing a REAL gross racism is peak telling on yourself.  

He oozes double standards.