Well I was WAY OFF!

HLB

In no way did I think that Washington could match the physicality of Texas.  Why?  Because there hasn't been a single PAC12 team that had beaten a top-ranked physical team, in OOC, all season long.  The lone OOC opponent that met the criteria of "physical" (and I can't say that they were highly physical) was Notre Dame, who easily defeated their two PAC12 opponents.

I thought Texas' front seven would stuff Washington's run and apply a lot of pressure on Pennix, to disrupt the passing game.  I also thought that Texas would control the line of scrimmage, on offense, and grind out scoring drives, and pull away in the second half, for a large margin of victory.

But I was wrong.

From the "jump", Washington was highly physical, and continued to play that way up and until the finish.

And Pennix was amazing.  His passing ability, which he makes look so easy, was pinpoint and flawless.  The only thing better was the catches made by the receivers, who demonstrated perfection at keeping and/or tapping a foot or toe in bounds, to complete the catch.

It was surprising that Texas even had a chance to pull off a victory, in the final 20 seconds.  It was a dominate performance by Washington.

And I expect the NC game with Michigan to be one of the most epic NC games, ever.

My money is on Washington and Pennix.

You need to change the title of this thread to “I’m a Moron”.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:44 PM, HLB said:

Wow .... An example of how delusional PAC fans are about the PAC.

Texas "easily" beats UW - 56-10.  The only way the score would be less is if Texas throttles back in the 2nd half.  This meeting between UW and Texas will be over by halftime.

And if UW played Michigan, the beat down wouldn't be as bad, but Michigan would win by 3 scores.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:46 PM, HLB said:

That's stupid.

Playoff teams play where the committee seeds them, in every sport.  You don't get to move games around and play who you want, where you want.

That being said, UW will lose handily to Michigan or Texas.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:48 PM, HLB said:

I don't know how PAC12 fans can be more delusional or "dumber".  But reality is, UDubb is going to experience a beat down, with Texas.  And ultimately, BAMA and Texas (an SEC school beginning in 2024) will have a rematch in the NCG, where BAMA will prevail.

On 12/4/2023 at 1:41 AM, HLB said:

I remember those comments.  And everyone on these boards laughed at me with that statement, saying:  "Texas trending up?"  Yes, Texas is trending up.  My words proved to be accurate, and now you're trying to imply that my words were idiotic.  

Where is Texas now?  They beat BAMA.  They have trended up.

Who has Washington beaten of note?  No one of note.

As for Washington, they have yet to make an impact on the national scene.  Winning a conference championship in the weak PAC12, isn't making an impact on the national scene.  They haven't beaten anyone of consequence, has yet to win a playoff game or moved the needle as a national power.  No one is running away from Washington.

And after they lose badly to Texas, you will see that UW is behind Texas, not on the level of Texas, and not making an impact on the national scene.  At that point, you will perhaps recognize UW as "just another CFB team".  They're not elite.

Meanwhile Texas is becoming, and will continue to become, one of the elite teams in CFB that is making an impact on the national scene.  In fact, if BAMA had not made the playoffs, Texas would have won the NC (and they still may).  You can expect a rematch of BAMA v. Texas in the NC game, while Washington will be sitting at home - as just another CFB team.

Moving forward, Washington won't be making an impact on the CFB scene any time soon, particularly with moving to the B1G.  Texas, on the other hand, will be a major player as a team that poses a threat to win a NC, even as a member of the SEC.

On 12/4/2023 at 9:52 AM, utenation said:

IMG_2724.gif