Conservative America

Scscsc89

20 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Some people can read the date on the tweet, some can’t.  It was a pinned tweet quoted for the sole purpose of showing the profile pic. If you don’t get it ask Bruin or Jalapeno to explain.

Uh, I get it.  I just don't know why you chose to post it right when the sun is actually going down earlier.

Marianne Williamson has obviously met Orange.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/marianne-williamson-caught-on-a-hot-mic-saying-conservatives-are-nicer-to-her-than-the-left

Spiritual guru and 2020 Democratic candidate Marianne Williamson was caught on a hot mic saying conservatives are 'nicer' to her than the left.

In an audio recording released from an interview last week, Williamson sounded off on the hostility she has faced from the political left.

“What does it say that Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties are? What does it say that the conservatives are nicer to me?… It’s such a bizarre world," Williamson said. "You know, I'm such a lefty. I mean, I'm a serious lefty, but they're so... I didn’t think the left was as mean as the right, they are.”

5 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Marianne Williamson has obviously met Orange.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/marianne-williamson-caught-on-a-hot-mic-saying-conservatives-are-nicer-to-her-than-the-left

Spiritual guru and 2020 Democratic candidate Marianne Williamson was caught on a hot mic saying conservatives are 'nicer' to her than the left.

In an audio recording released from an interview last week, Williamson sounded off on the hostility she has faced from the political left.

“What does it say that Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties are? What does it say that the conservatives are nicer to me?… It’s such a bizarre world," Williamson said. "You know, I'm such a lefty. I mean, I'm a serious lefty, but they're so... I didn’t think the left was as mean as the right, they are.”

I have no doubt conservatives want to encourage her and be nice to her so she'll continue to run and alter the narrative to make the left seem loony.  

9 minutes ago, Orange said:

I have no doubt conservatives want to encourage her and be nice to her so she'll continue to run and alter the narrative to make the left seem loony.  

This.

they want to keep here relevant as long as possible.  And the left is probably pissed that she continues to take up any oxygen.

she will be gone soon enough.  Just a side show right now.

10 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

This.

they want to keep here relevant as long as possible.  And the left is probably pissed that she continues to take up any oxygen.

she will be gone soon enough.  Just a side show right now.

She said she wanted to pray away a hurricane.  I'm not at all surprised religious conservatives loved that one...

1 minute ago, Orange said:

She said she wanted to pray away a hurricane.  I'm not at all surprised religious conservatives loved that one...

I thought that was made up when I first heard it.  So one person wants to launch a nuke at it the other wants to send positive thoughts.

we are screwed.

5 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

uh huh.  For those that only watch the side show, it appears to be the main stage.

That’s fine.  In a relatively short timeframe we will be down to a few real contenders.  And anyway, it’s not like them being on Fox is changing much.....the right wingers already support their boy.

I think you miss the larger point:

By promoting Gabbard & Williamson as legitimate mainstream candidates that "make sense but aren't being given a fair chance by the Democrat establishment", it just reinforces the idea that the system is rigged.  Then for Fox viewers who don't necessarily like Trump, it makes the eventual Dem nominee seem crooked & dammit, I just won't vote.

Sound crazy?     See Sanders, Bernie, 2016.

I guess I just don’t see the Williamson’s of the world driving voters.  She is good for a quote, but far from sanders.  While less crazy, gabbard is in the same boat imo.

Now, if sanders comes up short again, it will be interesting to see the reaction.

all of that said, the disapproval of trump makes me believe he loses bigly.

I am saying it's been covered here -- that it wasn't Dem voters that were turned off by "the treatment of Sanders".

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

By promoting Gabbard & Williamson as legitimate mainstream candidates that "make sense but aren't being given a fair chance by the Democrat establishment", it just reinforces the idea that the system is rigged.  Then for Fox viewers who don't necessarily like Trump, it makes the eventual Dem nominee seem crooked & dammit, I just won't vote.

I'm also saying that for the most part, liberals weren't the ones staying home. See Hillary's popular vote count.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/upshot/a-2016-review-turnout-wasnt-the-driver-of-clintons-defeat.html

Huh, its almost as if Jill Stein & low black voter turnout was a significant piece in Trump's win.   I seem to remember reading something about that in the Mueller Report....

4 hours ago, Orange said:

She's one of the more sane Rats running.  Liberals are angry, nasty people.  You prove that every day on this board.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

I think you miss the larger point:

I don't agree that Sanders was necessarily screwed, but Bernie was a FAR more legit contender than Gabbard or Williamson are now, so it's a tough comparison.

That said, I agree with your larger thesis.